[NL2-NL10] 10NL TP vs aggressive(?) villain

• chgentso
      chgentso
      Bronze
      Villain is 35/20/10 over 100 hands and calls 40% from BTN, already raised flop Cbet 2/5 times. Should fold this flop or 3bet it for some reason? As played, what line should be followed on the turn?

iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: £10.15
      Hero (CO): £10.00
      BTN: £11.55
      SB: £11.00
      BB: £10.15

SB posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.15) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to £0.30, BTN calls £0.30, fold, fold

Flop: (£0.75, 2 players) 9:club: K:heart: T:heart:
      Hero bets £0.56, BTN raises to £1.21, Hero calls £0.65

Turn: (£3.17, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets £2.37, fold
  • 2 replies
    • angalius
      angalius
      Bronze
      Seems like a good fold for me. I would just be patient and wait for a better spot to stack that guy.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chgentso,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Difficult to say what to do in this spot while we just have few stats here, dynamics would be pretty important and according to that we could act. We might even consider just getting it in on the flop while calling OOP wouldn't really be the best option. You are giving him away free cards and he could easily just bet the turn again while sees weakness in your play. :(

But of course passive approach in those spots where we don't have great reads is going to be totally fine and more safer option.

Best Regards.