CO: $2.85 (142.5 bb)
      SB: $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $2.85 (142.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.56 (28 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      MP2: $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2.04 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4 A
      UTG+2 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.39) 7 6 A (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.28, UTG+2 raises to $0.61, Hero folds

Another fairly wide 3bet here.

With top pair/useless kicker and backdoor flushdraw I made a bet here for protection. I get check-raised and folded the hand here mostly in fear of aces with stronger kickers.

I mostly had a problem putting the villain on a handrange here I think, then I could have made a more informed decision.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Knyght,

Preflop: You have a short-stack BTN in the hand, therefore I don't really like the 3bet here while you most likely still making enough of mistake postflop while having the initiative. Rather just flat it and keep also some worse flushdraw type of hands in the play.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, guess we still have to CB and protect our hand. Although that's true that we wont really see call from a lot worse hands. :P On very dry boards we might even time to time just Check behind and induce bluffs.

Best Regards.
    • Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for your input. Can you clarify why calling is an option preflop here?

Also I'm curious why the short stack is a problem. Isn't he on a tighter range and be more likely to fold than anything else? Although if he does raise or call he will have a strong hand. Or am I missing something?

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thanks for your input. Can you clarify why calling is an option preflop here?

Because of the min-raise. :) And our hand is still playable even in multwiay pots.

Also I'm curious why the short stack is a problem. Isn't he on a tighter range and be more likely to fold than anything else? Although if he does raise or call he will have a strong hand. Or am I missing something?

Why should a short-stack be tighter? I rarely see that shorties are very tight but rather bad players who tend to go broke with any crap. :)
    • Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      Ahh that clears it up. I have noticed that shortstacks go all in with crap but I was assuming that that isn't how they are supposed to play, though I'm not much up on the strategy.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you're right - but you have to differentiate between reg shortstack and fish shortstack (huuuuuge majority on our limits)