This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AQo 3bet vs steal

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      posting for general flaming because this really really sucked, i mean there was nothing good at all in my play :f_confused:

Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $3.50
      CO: $6.04
      BTN: $10.70
      Hero (SB): $5.79
      BB: $4.94

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.18, Hero raises to $0.44, fold, BTN calls $0.26
      openraiser is 41/30/60steal/1af over 45 hands

Flop: ($0.93, 2 players) T:spade: 9:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.51, BTN calls $0.51

Turn: ($1.95, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.95, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1.00
  • 3 replies
    • Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      Do you have stats on the villain? I think the 3bet is okay here, especially if he steals a lot and will fold to 3bets. Though I'd rather 3bet if it was suited. You might not want to pay too much attention since I also suck.

I think cbetting a ridiculously draw-heavy board with gutshot+overcards isn't a good idea. I'd probably check/fold this or check/call if villain's bet is small and gives us good odds. If he donks the flop small I think(?) you'd get good implied odds.

Villain's checking behind on the turn is pretty weak and since you hit top pair/top kicker I think the bet here is fine... And this bet would be been lower if you you had not bet the flop.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      thanks for the input, any comments are appreciated :f_biggrin:

now i guess i can post my own comments and answer yours:

preflop:
      well 45 hands is nothing for fold steal to 3b stat :f_frown: but i "felt" that he didn't like to fold to 3b, and could call with dominated aces
      anyway i think preflop is okay. huge mistakes start on the flop

flop:
      i actually have an OESD (this is okay) and a 1 card backdoorflush! (this sucks, Q high is not good enough for 4 board)
      anyway the size is just plain wtf - i would never (or at least i am not supposed to) cbet this board that betsize in any circumstance, maybe only with K:sQ and even then i wouldn't be sure... fair sizing would be some $0.8 at least
      i can only guess i expected him to fold if he didn't have any part of the board or was into some set mining venture, but else just about everything hits this board somehow.
      check/call something reasonable as you said was probably better

turn:
      by checking i have absolutely no idea on what's going on. just horrible, but i wonder how reasonable is a 2nd barrel, looks way too commital

river:
      i beat absolutely nothing! any 8, any K beats me, also he could easily have twopair which i doubt he is folding for that betsizing
      so river bet is a failure as well, i can only hope that he has nothing (and folds) or levels himself into some kind of AJ call, but i doubt he ever has AJ in this action
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Flop: Not a good flop to CB there, there are too many hands which continue and hardly hits his 3bet-calling range. If you plan to CB the flop then you should also be planning to 2nd barrel a lot of turn cards, especially when you get extra equity.

As played
      Turn: You have to 2nd barrel it, what do you plan to do here? Check/Call? Which would be really bad. Made already a mistake by CBetting the flop and while you get some extra equity you should rather 2nd barrel and might even make some PPs/pairs to fold.

As played
      River: Easy Check/Fold, I can't really see what worse pays you, you are practically turning your hand into bluff which tries to make something like 2pairs to fold.

Best Regards.