FL in Free Roll

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi..

I am usually a FL player but I kept seeing the Bronze free roll and I was able to play it today because I have a day off tomorrow due to holidays here so i gave it go..

I was stunned. How fast the NL/SnG play is and i think because I have never played NL, i wasnt used to the aggressive plays.. I lasted the whole of 3 hands.

I had a game plan. Play tight until I got my cards and when I got AK suited. I figure this was it. But I got sucked into an All in situation and got thrashed on the flop. :D No matter, it was a free roll.

I just wanted to ask. Is SnG a matter of luck? I watched a few games and the current chip leader got saved when he took two 8s and flopped a quad against pocket aces.

It was an experience but I am sticking to my cash games for now anyways.
  • 2 replies
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      nah sngs very skillful. Lots of winning sng players out there making a good profit. Personally I think nlhe cashgames are more swingy than sngs but thats just my experience.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I don't doubt the profitability. I think it requires a lot more study and knowledge than I have right now.

I already had massive respects to all you guys who go to the trenches daily but after getting in there myself. My hat's hat off to you all. :D