This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL in Free Roll

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi..

I am usually a FL player but I kept seeing the Bronze free roll and I was able to play it today because I have a day off tomorrow due to holidays here so i gave it go..

I was stunned. How fast the NL/SnG play is and i think because I have never played NL, i wasnt used to the aggressive plays.. I lasted the whole of 3 hands.

I had a game plan. Play tight until I got my cards and when I got AK suited. I figure this was it. But I got sucked into an All in situation and got thrashed on the flop. :D No matter, it was a free roll.

I just wanted to ask. Is SnG a matter of luck? I watched a few games and the current chip leader got saved when he took two 8s and flopped a quad against pocket aces.

It was an experience but I am sticking to my cash games for now anyways.
  • 2 replies
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      nah sngs very skillful. Lots of winning sng players out there making a good profit. Personally I think nlhe cashgames are more swingy than sngs but thats just my experience.
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I don't doubt the profitability. I think it requires a lot more study and knowledge than I have right now.

I already had massive respects to all you guys who go to the trenches daily but after getting in there myself. My hat's hat off to you all. :D