• Tomaloc
      and again i play against that guy...

Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $7.33
      BTN: $4.90
      SB: $2.47
      Hero (BB): $5.94
      UTG: $10.85 (61/2/1af/60hands/45wts/37w$sd)
      MP: $3.30

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has A:spade: J:club:

UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, fold, fold, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.25, UTG calls $0.20, fold, SB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.80, 3 players) 3:diamond: 7:diamond: T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.44, UTG calls $0.44, SB calls $0.44
      this is a random cbet, however no pp folds here

Turn: ($2.12, 3 players) J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.23, UTG calls $1.23, fold
      now i bet for some value, but this is looks like a tiltbet - not good enough for protection against random ugly cards

River: ($4.58, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.05, UTG raises to $4.73, fold
      and here one comes!
      minbet is kind of just venting off - and if i am ahead he'll just call, no problem

this time he was kind enough to show his hand
      UTG shows 9:diamond: 9:heart: (Straight, Jack High)
      UTG wins $4.38

then after winning all these hands against me :f_frown: he left
      but i am happy enough with my plays, even though i was probably borderline tilting i managed to not make hugemistake-calls, and i honestly think i made reasonable decisions
      if he was running like a god against me, well fair enough, have to let him enjoy his day
  • 4 replies
    • thebaptist333
      I wish I could get that state of mind :f_cry:

Yesterday was one of those days for me where there's maniacs on every table and you wait patiently for what feels like hours and suddenly get a hand that you feel comfortable going all in against these guys and BAMMM they make a flush on the flop, or hit trips with 72o :s_mad:

I definitely don't tilt as much as I used to; in fact, I find myself not titlting much at all since money isn't really an issue for me, but I still get mad when it happens. Yesterday I even threw something at my monitor X(

The hand itself looks pretty standard to me. If the opponent was playing pretty loose then I would probably chk/fold the river since you don't really beat anything by then, but I guess you can't really go wrong with a min bet either :s_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc

i am currently really happy with my mindset, even if it's still not anywhere near perfect. it's also definitely better than it was, like, when back on the FTP days i played NL5 rush

now for some little bragging - i was really, really happy when my AA didn't hold up vs JJ and 88 on 3way preflop shove (for full stacks!) and i noticed i didn't feel like it tilted me at all, i went on playing and managed to finish the session at +1 BI. i just thought "well as far as i could control it went all exactly as i wanted, nothing i could do about it" and moved on.

this fish owning me every time was definitely more tilting than that hand, even though in terms of money the loss has been lower - but i guess that's how we shape our mindset
      we tilt, then we work on our understanding of the tilting situations away from the tables - and sometime it suddenly happens that we're better at it, just like that.

about the hand, i think turnbet definitely should be higher - as played, it just doesn't really work.
      i had my doubts about the flop cbet but it looks fine enough, the board is not that very coordinated and passive fish usually don't care about taking notes about the sizing, if they didn't have anything i think they would just fold.
    • thebaptist333
      I think on the turn you're not giving him any odds to draw to his gutshot, also if you bet more there is a chance that he might fold which you don't really want either. I think the turn is just a bad call from him more than a bad bet from you.

I think you can probably bet more on the flop for more fold equity, I don't think any PP is folding the flop for a half pot bet. But I think even chk/fold on the flop is good because you're in a multiway pot on a board that is not likely to hit your range very well, and any straight or flush draw is calling you.

On the turn I might even play chk/fold, or chk/call, because there is still 3 players in the pot and the jack is actually a scare card for you. 89 get's there and also JT now has you beat.
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: There are 3 limpers, you are OOP. Why do you raise so small?!

As played
      Flop: You are multiway pot, why do you CB in first place here on such a board? I'd just Check/Fold it right here.

As played
      Turn: Why do you CB so weak on the turn?

As played
      River: Check/Fold it, such a block-bet ain't going to help you out, you practically just telling him that you have a weak hand. :D

Best Regards.