This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH]NL10 AKs

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      [converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $19.49 (194.9 bb)
      SB: $18.25 (182.5 bb)
      BB: $22.84 (228.4 bb)
      UTG: $4.50 (45 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.37 (103.7 bb)
      CO: $11.52 (115.2 bb)

villain unknown
      is calling flop ok in this spot?
      his cbet seems really weak,
      I need 28%, and against AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AKs,AKo,AQs im getting 31%. But im fairly certain his range is a lot wider when he bets so small.
      Turn/river standard i think :)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:heart: A:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 9:spade: T:diamond: 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.65) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

River: ($9.05) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.87, BB calls $5.87

Results: $20.79 pot ($0.94 rake)
      Final Board: 9:spade: T:diamond: 3:spade: K:diamond: K:club:
      BB showed 6:spade: 6:diamond: and lost (-$10.37 net)
      Hero showed K:heart: A:heart: and won $19.85 ($9.48 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Well, the problem is that you will never even be sure how good your overcards are and neither if we are ahead. :) That's the problem, neither you don't even know the opponent.

For example he could easily have QJ and your K couldn't be a clean out. Any could give him a flush and so on. Therefore not a huge fan of flatting the Call like that, you will very often miss the turn and what's your plan then?

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      Yeh thats understandable, i also thought that if he is as weak as i think he is, he will shut down OTT a lot & i can float on good turn cards. I expected him to check a lot, so i was a bit thrown off when he barrelled
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Yeh thats understandable, i also thought that if he is as weak as i think he is, he will shut down OTT a lot & i can float on good turn cards. I expected him to check a lot, so i was a bit thrown off when he barrelled
      Well, he is unknown so you can never know what he is double-barreling there. :P