MP: $13.91
      CO: $50.34
      Hero (BTN): $49.18
      SB: $30.34
      BB: $74.84
      UTG: $50.51

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with A :diamond: J :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.43, Hero calls $1.43, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.61) J :club: 7 :diamond: A :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Turn: ($9.01) 9 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

River: ($21.01) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $15.00, Hero folds

CO (5,4k hands)
      VPIP/PFR/COraise1st/foldto3bet/4bet 19/16/22/73/9
      Cbetflop/turn/river 77/44/39
      AFflop/turn/river 7,8/9,4/5,3
      AFqflop/turn/river 53/42/25
      WtSD/W$SD 15/47

CO is a quite standard, ABC-type of regs. He's capable of barreling turn (scarecards, or good equity), but i havent seen him bluff 3barreling yet.

Preflop I've preferred coldcall over 3bet, because he wouldnt call with much worse.

On the flop I've only called for two reasons:
      - he's probably bet/folding all Ax here (maybe AK would go broke, but doubt it), only sets/combodraws would continue
      - i've floated him much more in the past than bluffraised him, so maybe it's good for balancing as well

On the turn I think it's still a call, he can barrel TP for value, and protecting against possible draws.

On the river he bets big, I doubt he's bluffing, and I dont beat much of his valuerange.

What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: What about SB/BB? They could easily be squeezing. :) Might not even the greatest idea and would be better to just go for fold equity if he does fold a lot.

As played
      Flop: I would just Raise right away here. If he has any kind of hand he might be willing to pay and even play for the stacks. At the same time you protect your hand. :) What do you plan to do with your hand for example on turn if blank comes?

As played
      Turn: Not much to say, we can't fold here vs his 2nd barreling range which could contain a lot worse hands.
      River: That's a crappy spot, I guess if you really think that he rarely even Bets there this way for value with worse then not much to comment. Difficult to say just from stats either we can Call profitable or not, a lot dynamics would be useful here and some notes. Plus the 39% of CB according his turn CB ain't that small.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Thank you!

Originally posted by veriz
      What do you plan to do with your hand for example on turn if blank comes?
      If he checks, i would float him, and bet the river for value as well if he calls. He can easily play AK/AQ this way.
      If he barrels turn and river to blanks, calling turn for sure, but on the river it's a close spot again...
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I think this is a fold.

This gets tougher with 89/9T
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Don't you think he would fold a flush if you turn your hand into a bluff OTR? Does remind me of a hand from pleno in the weekly freebie.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      People dont like folding flushes for 100bb's

Especially when we only really have 3 value combos that beat him considering we 3bet JJ pre and dont flat J9/97/A9 that often.

Also his range is not capped, he can have AA/JJ/J9/97/A9/77

In the freebie we noted that he couldnt have a full house because the board was KJ525 so unless he had flatted KK/JJ pre and c/c flop when we are like 300bb deep.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Meh stupid post of me ^^. ty

edit: what would you do with 9T btw? I would still fold since we only beat AJ and that one prolly wont bet that sizing. (We actually couldn't have 9T since action we face with no hand but lets say we have)
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Meh stupid post of me ^^. ty
      definitely not stupid, I thought about it as well when I saw the board pair :P

We just need to make sure that all the right things are going on.

Does his range contain many FH's

Will he fold a flush/straight/2p

Does my range contain many FH's

When we start answering these questions in the right way, we can start making really nice bluffs.