This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4Sh Qq

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: should I just 3b shove against maniac type players, especially if they are that short?

Flop:Villain in the CO is absolute maniac but still couldnt call it off on the flop and I cant b/f vs this player and stack size. So if I bet the flop I have to bet/call.

Also, general question regarding bet sizing against looser players:
      Should we start increasing our 3b'ing size as well as our opening size against such players.

For example should we start making it 4x (+1x / CC'er) for 3b's

888 Poker - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $1.87 69/18/3/16/45/101
      BTN: $2.01
      SB: $2.67
      Hero (BB): $11.50
      UTG: $2.16

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04, CO posts DB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.10) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.14, fold, SB calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.56, CO calls $0.42, fold

Flop: ($1.26, 2 players) A:spade: 2:spade: J:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.31, fold

CO wins $1.20
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Against their stacks you can easily do it, with something like KK/AA you could consider making smaller bets.

But as played, kind of ugly spot having the Ace on board and he definitely has a lot Ax hands in his range but can we fold vs his whole range? Which may contain a lot worse even. :) But of course not a mistake if you do fold.

Against loose opponents we can easily raise bigger, while they don't adjust anyways.

Best Regards.