Opening Raise sizes - Live Cash

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi all

I have had few outings recently to play NL100 1/1 at my local ca$hino. 80% of the players there I would categorize as LP / calling stations. With the rest being LAG and some NITS and fish. The majority are fish in short.

Usually my standard open is 4x+1/limper (FR) but since these games are so loose, I am generally playing quite tight, rarely bluffing and value betting to death (pretty much how you would approach the micros online). With this in mind would you recommend I start 5x or even 6x'ing in the hopes of isolating fish HU and playing big pots with them, therefore maximizing value? Or is better to keep my opening raise sizes the same just to make life less swingy?
  • 2 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      just open ship KK+ for value ;) cash is probably different but ive also noticed this in tourneys too, people are raising to like 4-6x, you can vary your raise size to how you play because people dont pay enough attention

so if your playing tight and rarely bluffing , yeahhh raise to 5x increase value for yourself
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      I'd say yes, yes, yes - fish will not be able to exploit your varying bet sizes because they will rarely pay enough attention.

I'd wholeheartedly encourage you to adjust your bet sizes to different situations - with a value hand while iso'ing a station - make it 5,6x; with a speculative hand (like QTs, K9s) while iso'ing a station - make it 4x.

Just as you would in micros!

GL, crush them
      Matt