bassieundadriaan

• bassieundadriaan
      bassieundadriaan
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like the game and want to get better at it. Maybe even make some money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I play to many hands.
      I disregard position.
      I bluff to much.
      I move up in stakes to win back money.
      When I play, the TV is on and I'm surfing on the internet.
      I'm focussed on winning money, instead of making the correct play.
      When I think about it, there's room for improvement! ;-)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Being selective of the cards I play. When I play hands I play them strong. And I'm aware of position. You put pressure on your opponents so they can't see cheap cards and make bigger mistakes.
  • 2 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey bassieundadriaan,

Welcome to the course :) I hope you learn lots!

I have also changed your Thread Title to "bassieundadriaan" :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

I wouldn't say that playing too many hands is bad, you learn from experience and the more hands you play the more confident you get. But of course keep in mind that you also have to try overview your sessions. :)

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube (etc). This might work for some. Also train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way. But the best thing is to always remind what you came to do on table.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.