[NL2-NL10] NL4; HU: KT check/raise

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.26 (105.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K T
      SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 6 5 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.70) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, SB calls $1.20

River: ($4.10) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2.05, Hero folds

Results: $4.10 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: 6 5 6 Q 7
      SB mucked and won $3.83 ($1.78 net)
      Hero mucked K T and lost (-$2.05 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/CbetFlop/WTS/hands 54/34/0.7/67(3)/8/54

The check/raise should be ok, even if just to see how he reacts. The question is – does it make sense to bet again on the turn against this kind of an opponent?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Don't really like the Check/Raise on the flop while you don't even have many backdoors, neither the T high FD on the turn wouldn't be strong either. Plus obviously we can't represent much. Would just let him have the pot, we will definitely get better spots.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) Had we known that he Cbets very often would it not be a good idea to find out if we can exploit him? We do have overcards.

2) As played: does it make sense to continue barreling on the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Had we known that he Cbets very often would it not be a good idea to find out if we can exploit him? We do have overcards.

Yeah, sure why not. But with this case ain't it that he is CBetting like a maniac. :(

2) As played: does it make sense to continue barreling on the turn?

Well, usually it should be our plan, you never know what kind of hands he is calling with and 2nd barreling is kind of must on the turn, it's a very good scare-card.
      Bronze
      Well, usually it should be our plan, you never know what kind of hands he is calling with and 2nd barreling is kind of must on the turn, it's a very good scare-card.

So if I want to try and check/raise bluff someone on the flop I have to prepared to fire a second barrel on almost any turn card?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So if I want to try and check/raise bluff someone on the flop I have to prepared to fire a second barrel on almost any turn card?

On such a scare-card it's even a must. ;) Where we have a lot of fold equity and obviously hoping that someone folds easily on such a board all the time you wont play Check/Raise profitable by just doing it on the flop. You can't represent there much.