Adjusting ranges to the number of players

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Everyone always talks about adjusting your range for the stack sizes but what about the number of players on the table? Obviously you should play tighter with a full ring than the final 3 or 4, but how much? And how about starting ranges for a 6 handed table?

Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • xtyp3
      xtyp3
      Bronze
      You need to subtract the amount of players missing starting from UTG+1

for example:
      If there are two people missing and you are 1st to act then your opening range
      should switch to middle position 1.
      If there is 5 people missing and you are 1st to act then your opening range should switch to your usual cutoff range.
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      is it really as simple as that though? I mean just because 7 players before you folded, i still feel like i should play tighter than if those 7 players never existed, maybe at least because the remaining players will probably also be a little tighter?

Also Id like to say, according to the starting hand charts on this site, the range doesnt seem to change much between positions, it changes but not so much. But if I was in a 3 handed game id play looser than a game where all the players before folded and there were only 3 players left. Is that wrong?
    • DeetM
      DeetM
      Bronze
      Yeah, I haven't done the maths on how card removal effects bias the remaining ranges towards strength after players have folded before you but I've read from those that have worked on it that the effect is minimal.

The button is the button.