This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A2o TP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $24.70 (247 bb)
      SB: $33.64 (336.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $13.03 (130.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 2
      3 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80) 8 6 A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.60) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.60) T (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Villain VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands
      77/32/1/156
      I check behind turn for pot control and bluff induce. Should I barrel it to gain value from his draws and then check behind river, or even bet river small?
      Once I check behind turn I think I have to call this overbet, although 97 gets there.
  • 3 replies
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      flop
      I think you have to bet a bit bigger here. Hardly anything is folding to a half pot bet.

turn
      I think the turn is a bit villain dependant. If villain has a high river aggression, then inducing might not be a bad play; of course you also have to think about what he has that would call the raise pre, and call the flop and in this case you're hoping he has a 6 or some flush draw or straight draw.

The 8 is not a great card though since he could easily have an 8 in his range, so maybe bet/fold is a better line. If I do play bet/fold, I would probably bet something closer to half pot here. If he calls your bet then you have a chance to chk river and see a showdown at your price.

river
      Again, I think this depends on villain. This guy looks like a bit of a maniac, but what is his river aggression like? If it's high, then maybe you could call.. maybe. It certainly would be a high variance call though.

Without knowing these stats, I think you have to fold the river. The only thing you beat is T9, T7, or a busted flush draw. Maybe you're splitting with an ace.

This is just my opinion and I'm still very much a :f_biggrin: so lets wait and see what the coach has to say
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Thank you for your comment. You are right that a bet of 0.6 would have been better on the flop. On the turn 1/2 bet sounds about right, too. As played, I should still have folded the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Flop: Definitely have to Bet it bigger while it's so drawy.

As played
      Turn: Also have to bet it here, we need to protect! No way I would be planning to Check behind here, not a spot where to induce vs passive opponent.

As played
      River: Well, you practically put yourself into such a spot, you practically invited him to bluff against you. But would he even bluff like this with overbet? Your play on the turn was to go for induce. ;) Therefore should also have the answer for river.

Best Regards.