3 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80) 8 6 A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.60) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.60) T (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Villain VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands
      I check behind turn for pot control and bluff induce. Should I barrel it to gain value from his draws and then check behind river, or even bet river small?
      Once I check behind turn I think I have to call this overbet, although 97 gets there.
  • 3 replies
    • thebaptist333
      I think you have to bet a bit bigger here. Hardly anything is folding to a half pot bet.

I think the turn is a bit villain dependant. If villain has a high river aggression, then inducing might not be a bad play; of course you also have to think about what he has that would call the raise pre, and call the flop and in this case you're hoping he has a 6 or some flush draw or straight draw.

The 8 is not a great card though since he could easily have an 8 in his range, so maybe bet/fold is a better line. If I do play bet/fold, I would probably bet something closer to half pot here. If he calls your bet then you have a chance to chk river and see a showdown at your price.

Again, I think this depends on villain. This guy looks like a bit of a maniac, but what is his river aggression like? If it's high, then maybe you could call.. maybe. It certainly would be a high variance call though.

Without knowing these stats, I think you have to fold the river. The only thing you beat is T9, T7, or a busted flush draw. Maybe you're splitting with an ace.

This is just my opinion and I'm still very much a :f_biggrin: so lets wait and see what the coach has to say
    • jozata
      Thank you for your comment. You are right that a bet of 0.6 would have been better on the flop. On the turn 1/2 bet sounds about right, too. As played, I should still have folded the river.
    • veriz
      Hello jozata,

Flop: Definitely have to Bet it bigger while it's so drawy.

As played
      Turn: Also have to bet it here, we need to protect! No way I would be planning to Check behind here, not a spot where to induce vs passive opponent.

As played
      River: Well, you practically put yourself into such a spot, you practically invited him to bluff against you. But would he even bluff like this with overbet? Your play on the turn was to go for induce. ;) Therefore should also have the answer for river.

Best Regards.