How Many Tables Can You Play At Party?

• Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone

How Many Tables Can You Play At Party without lagging?
      I usually run HM2, TableNinja and 8-10 tables. But after an hour or so my computer starts lagging,( buttons not responding etc..). Does anyone else have those problems or it's just my laptop due to owerheat..?

Can anyone comment please?

Thank You
  • 16 replies
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Well I usually play 4 tables and sometimes have same problems, and even when I played 2 tables I had that problem. I think problem is in their bad software or servers, but thats just what I feel about it, maybe I'm completely wrong.
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Similar here, I just moved from stars to WPT and can feel the difference in resource consumption (mainly CPU) and overheating problems... Although my quad core can handle that w/o prob... I might need to invest in new CPU cooler, as the stock one already was not cooling enough and now it gets really hot...

@Cimbute - I can recommend you to try notebook cooler as it really helped on my notebook I had previously, if you don't have one already... Also try to clean it from dust trough air vents on back side using air compressor, or if it's under warranty, or if it don't feel safe to you, take it to their authorized service and they'll do it for free/cheep... You can't imagine how much dust can accumulate inside.

Hope it helps, GL
    • Heitzenizer
      Heitzenizer
      Bronze
      Running HM2 and 4 zoom tables really pushes it for me. Sometimes it feels like im timing out, but I just make it in time.
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      what's the max number of cash tables WPT alows you to play simultaneosly?
      for the moment I am playing 12 tables...

Thank you!
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      what's the max number of cash tables WPT alows you to play simultaneosly?
      for the moment I am playing 12 tables...

Thank you!

Any computer lagging? If no what is your PC's tech spec? Do you run HM2? ( I guess not because it would not work on WPT)
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      I have a decent computer:

AMD phenom II X4 955 processor 3,20GHz
      8GB DDR 3 installed memory
      1GB DDR 5 Video card Radeon HD 6850
      Windows 7 64biti
      MSI mother board 870A-G54FX
      1 TB HDD SATA2 WD

I am playing with HM2 , it works on WPT. My internet connection is not so good and thats the reason for little lag from time to time.

anyway, can someone tell me what is the maximum number of cash tables that you are allowed to play simultaneosly on WPT? ... for example on 888 you aren't allowed to play at more than 8 cash tables simultaneosly.

Thank you!
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Originally posted by T3rMiT3
      anyway, can someone tell me what is the maximum number of cash tables that you are allowed to play simultaneosly on WPT?
    • WinningTrips
      WinningTrips
      Bronze
      I am playing with HM2 , it works on WPT. My internet connection is not so good and thats the reason for little lag from time to time.

This is new info for me. I read in HoldemManager forum that WPT is not currently being supported by HM2. Are you sure T3rMiT3 that everything works as it should with your HM2?

Can anyone else confirm that HM2 works on WPT please? Yesterday I was looking in to signing up on WPT but the HM2 issue made put me back a little bit because I'm heavily dependant on HM2 when playing.

Please help me to decide while this reload promotion is still going on.
    • nidzika
      nidzika
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WinningTrips

This is new info for me. I read in HoldemManager forum that WPT is not currently being supported by HM2. Are you sure T3rMiT3 that everything works as it should with your HM2?

Can anyone else confirm that HM2 works on WPT please? Yesterday I was looking in to signing up on WPT but the HM2 issue made put me back a little bit because I'm heavily dependant on HM2 when playing.

Please help me to decide while this reload promotion is still going on.
      Confirmed. HM2 works just fine with WPT Poker. You just need to set manually hand history folder and after that it will work.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      There's a separate thread on this forum where indeed it's been confirmed by several members that HM2 works with WPT Poker.

Just do as follows to manually add the hand history folder for import.

Go to Reports --> Hand Importing --> Auto Import Folders. You must add WPT Poker hand history folder (for example: C:\Programs\WPT\WPTPoker\HandHistory). From now you will have statistics and HUD for WPT Poker. For HM2 Party and WPT Poker are the same.

Regards,
      Richard
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      I just tested WPT multitableing 16 tables cash simultaneously with HM2 running... had no problem at all.

good luck!
    • WinningTrips
      WinningTrips
      Bronze
      @T3rMiT3

I just tested WPT multitableing 16 tables cash simultaneously with HM2 running... had no problem at all.

Do you also run TableNinja along 16 tables and HM2? My PC refuses to work as soon as 10th table opens. And my machine has 16gb of RAM and most powerful Intel processor currently on the market.
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Originally posted by WinningTrips
      @T3rMiT3

Do you also run TableNinja along 16 tables and HM2? My PC refuses to work as soon as 10th table opens. And my machine has 16gb of RAM and most powerful Intel processor currently on the market.
      In my case, I ran 12 tables w/ HM2 and Tableninja with a way worse system configuration. So you must have some other problem.
    • POKERCRACKKK
      POKERCRACKKK
      Bronze
      I have the same problem.

Good machine with ssd hard drive.

But when I open 8 or more tables. Lag comes me.

Have you find the solution winingTrips??
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      i play 6-8 just with hm2 on. sometimes respond time is a bit slow but nothing horrible
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      There must me some kind of memory leak in Party Poker software especially concerning displaying tables.

After more than 1 hour all lag and sometimes I cannot bring the table window back or main menu back.