SSS and PT stats

• Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hiya,

Lately I've been working on improving my knowledge of PT-stats and using this for reads when playing the SSS. Because I've been using PT for quite some time now, my basic knowledge and appliance of stats is acceptable. Recently I've noticed that, playing NL100-200, understanding these stats better greatly increases winnings. Although there is a german article on PT-stats, there is little info on this subject in English.

The situations in which I would like to broaden my knowledge are;
      * steals sitting in MP3(?)/CO/BTN
      * resteals sitting in BTN(?)/SB/BB
      * HU donk bets
      * floats
      * posflop situations in a multiway pot both in and out of position.

If there's anyone who would like to give a more extensive view on these situations, and how they use which stats, it would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance,
      Leo
  • 10 replies
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      No one? :(
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Don't have much time right now, but could you give me the link to this article you mentioned? I could give it a shot and translate it. It's my job after all here. :D

EDIT: Unless you don't need it translated because you know German yourself... hrmm... :O
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hey thanks Drakhor,
      my German isnt that bad either. The thing I was looking for was just a situational explanation of these stats :)
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Well, I can't really help you with that myself, but maybe one of our coaches knows more, or some of the high volume/diamond/platinum players like swiss or Sonic. :)

Check out their blogs and try to get in touch with them if they don't see this thread.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      This is extended SSS chart, which includes stealing and some late limping. It a good thing to start with. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/nl/shc_adv_sss.pdf

We don't steal from MP.
      And reseal from BU is not possible, because nobody is stealing nothing from you in BU :)

1) Use standard range offered in the chart. In general, steals are profitable when FBS > 80%

if FBS > 90% you can loosen up widely. Any A, K and probably Q is fine from the button.

Cutoff should be tight, probably as tight as it suggested by the chart. unless the button is shorstacker)
      But have in mind that steals are something players will be adjusting to, especially on higher limits. So if you are stealing 3rd orbit in a row, even 90+ guy will make a move.

2) News and Interesting hands
      There is a list of xarry's post, where this topic is discussed and plenty of other posts. lots of examples on how to adjust using stats...
      + his coachings

There is no basic strategy for the rest. Post your hands (with PT stats), visit coachings, read the forum and have fun :D
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Cheers xylere,

Yeah, restealing there is a bit problematic ...
      What I meant was reraising a loose stealer when sitting on the button. ;)

Ive seen this chart before, think in one of your posts where you posted this as an old SSS chart or smtn (if I remember correctly). What is the Raise 0? First in?

On point 1, Ive seen xarry stealing ATC on this 90+ fbbs guy right up until he adjusted to him. You recomend not doing it too often though?

Very nice, that point 2...

edit: btw; what do you think of the calling stuff in that chart? I detest calling tbh :x

Thanks again,
      Leo
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      What I meant was reraising a loose stealer when sitting on the button.

use xarry's equity charts for that.
      Its a bit tough to figure out exact pfr with PaHUD, because it doesn't provide positional statistics.

Yes, Raise 0 is first in

its fine, as long as you feel comfortable with that

about calling
      if there are limpers with 30+ wts, I am fine with calling, given that my stack is 20bb
    • aaltvater
      aaltvater
      Bronze
      first at all sorry for my bad english^^ next thing i will try to help you a little bit with the pt stats.

about steals: when you steal from bu its pretty obvious that most of the times its a pure steal. So you should take a good look at the blinds, when they both have an foldtosteal over 80% you can steal any2, but its very important as xylere said not anytime. they will adept to that and begin to reraise or call you lighter. when you have loose blinds behind you its also a good possibility to loosen up with hands like kj,qj,kt etc and go broke on hits. you can extract alot of value with these hands from bad opp. but then dont steal with hands like small pockets or A baby kicker they play horrible and you could easily loose money.

steals from cu can be very profitable because the people dont think that you will raise these loose from cutoff but the problem is that 3 players are behind you and the chances that you get called or reraised increase. I would use good playable cards to steal from cu. So when you get called, that you have at least a decent playability. maybe something like this range, with tight people behind you 66+,A7s+,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T9s,98s,87s,ATo+,KJo+,QJo

stealing from mp3 is a thing that is also possible but its not really stealing maybe just loosen up a little bit so maybe raising 88+,ats,ajo,kjs,kqo. i have make a screenshot of ftp nl200 with a good spot to steal also from mp3, lets say we are ollypoker then its possible to get looser even from mp3, because the people after us are so tight.

lets get to resteals:

on the screenshot at the bottom end i have put some samples of stealing patterns and also blind defense. so that you can see how much the behaviour of people differ. some loosen up so lets say cu less bu more sb most. some people nearly steal nothing from sb cause they are oop. so restealing with just using pokerace isnt that easy, you can just estimate how much they steal from this position. a big factor is also who sits with you in the blinds. so lets say bu steals (30% ats) you are bb and a very loose fish is in the sb, then you cant resteal according to 30% ats its pretty unlikely that he will steal 30% of his range in this spot because he knows that he will often get called by the fish. another really important thing when it comes to resteals is your own stack, you need more equity with a bigger stack. also the raise size of the stealer can matter. xarry has a very good article about restealing.

to start with restealing you should use fifty-fiftys chart which is not the best possible resteal chart but at least its a beginning and its profitable.
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=231103

about hu donkbets:

do you mean you donk or he donks into you? unraised or raised pots, plz explain what you want to know

floats:

its not easy to see that a player floats just with pokertracker stats but an indicator is that he has a small fold to conti and a high turn aggression.

next thing: posflop situations in a multiway pot both in and out of position

explain it more what do you mean.

so hopefully i helped you at least a bit. i was to lazy for ,. so hopefully you can understand it anyway^^

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice post aaltvater. Let me welcome you in the english community. :D

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • aaltvater
      aaltvater
      Bronze
      moin fish^^