[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: KQs, possible river spew

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $6.05 (151.3 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.97 (174.3 bb)
      BTN: $0.89 (22.3 bb)
      SB: $1.61 (40.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 9 T 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.62, CO calls $0.49

Turn: ($1.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.50) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.64, CO folds

Results: $1.50 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 9 T 5 5 A
      Hero mucked Q K and won $1.40 ($0.66 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.74 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/CbetFlop/WTS/hands 42/29/1.3/20(5)/20/49

Postflop: Given his low Cbet % is a checkraise here, despite the GS+overs+backdoorflushdraw, too much? The sample size is small, of course.

But most importantly: is the river overbet bluff not clear spew against such a player on this limit despite me being able to represent the ace and him showing weakness?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

If you are going to Check/Raise the flop then you should definitely consider CBetting also the turn. Doesn't really make sense to Check/Raise just once and really hope that such a guy ever folds there.

Neither wouldn't advice to bluff a station if he is one. :)

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) Do you think that once he calls the flop I have sufficient fold equity on this turn card?

2) Why does a check/raise without a second barrel make no sense? There are ton of hands that he can fold on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Do you think that once he calls the flop I have sufficient fold equity on this turn card?

Well, there could be anything, he could even be calling with weaker draws. ;) And yes, we can still have enough of fold equity and we can always decide what we going to do on the river.

2) Why does a check/raise without a second barrel make no sense? There are ton of hands that he can fold on the flop.

Against a loose opponent? I really doubt so. :) Who could even be calling with just A high. :D Don't try to bluff a station. ;)
      Bronze

Against a loose opponent? I really doubt so. Who could even be calling with just A high. Don't try to bluff a station.

I didn't mean this particular situation but check/raising flop -> checking turn in general. Why is it a bad line on its own? I think it should be very opponent-dependent
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Of course it is opponent dependent, in poker it's very often opponent dependent. There are just a lot of opponents to may flat the flop but give up on the turn. :) Practically the same case as if you 3bet preflop and get called and you rather double-barrel it than just CB once.