This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: KQs, possible river spew

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $6.05 (151.3 bb)
      MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $6.97 (174.3 bb)
      BTN: $0.89 (22.3 bb)
      SB: $1.61 (40.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 9 T 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.62, CO calls $0.49

Turn: ($1.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.50) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.64, CO folds

Results: $1.50 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 9 T 5 5 A
      Hero mucked Q K and won $1.40 ($0.66 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.74 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/CbetFlop/WTS/hands 42/29/1.3/20(5)/20/49

Postflop: Given his low Cbet % is a checkraise here, despite the GS+overs+backdoorflushdraw, too much? The sample size is small, of course.

But most importantly: is the river overbet bluff not clear spew against such a player on this limit despite me being able to represent the ace and him showing weakness?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

If you are going to Check/Raise the flop then you should definitely consider CBetting also the turn. Doesn't really make sense to Check/Raise just once and really hope that such a guy ever folds there.

Neither wouldn't advice to bluff a station if he is one. :)

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) Do you think that once he calls the flop I have sufficient fold equity on this turn card?

2) Why does a check/raise without a second barrel make no sense? There are ton of hands that he can fold on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Do you think that once he calls the flop I have sufficient fold equity on this turn card?

Well, there could be anything, he could even be calling with weaker draws. ;) And yes, we can still have enough of fold equity and we can always decide what we going to do on the river.

2) Why does a check/raise without a second barrel make no sense? There are ton of hands that he can fold on the flop.

Against a loose opponent? I really doubt so. :) Who could even be calling with just A high. :D Don't try to bluff a station. ;)
      Bronze

Against a loose opponent? I really doubt so. Who could even be calling with just A high. Don't try to bluff a station.

I didn't mean this particular situation but check/raising flop -> checking turn in general. Why is it a bad line on its own? I think it should be very opponent-dependent
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Of course it is opponent dependent, in poker it's very often opponent dependent. There are just a lot of opponents to may flat the flop but give up on the turn. :) Practically the same case as if you 3bet preflop and get called and you rather double-barrel it than just CB once.