[NL2-NL10] Nl10 6max

• benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      This player was opening pretty wide so I decided to 3bet him light hoping he folds, which didn't happen... on the flop I guess I am in front but when the turn card comes I was going to fold to any bet, once he checked the turn, I decided to call his river bet. is this ok?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10.50 (105 bb)
      MP: $15.96 (159.6 bb)
      CO: $8.78 (87.8 bb)
      BTN: $11.18 (111.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $13.76 (137.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 J
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.05, BB folds, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.20) A J J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.38, CO calls $1.38

Turn: ($4.96) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($4.96) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

Results: $8.76 pot ($0.39 rake)
      Final Board: A J J A 3
      CO showed Q A and won $8.37 ($4.04 net)
      Hero mucked 9 J and lost (-$4.33 net)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello benaars,

Well, if he is opening very loose then it could also mean that he is calling loose. :) So would mainly depend on the opponent either to 3bet or not.

But otherwise depends once again on the opponent, do you think he is even capable of bluffing? If he wanted to bluff why didn't he do it on the turn for example?

Best Regards.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Well I was 3betting him before and he folded to all 3bets I made and to everyone elses, so he is continuing only with good hands... so I was thinking it is profitable to 3bet him if he is folding so many hands..

Well I dont think he is going to bluff... but due to his check on the turn and small river bet, he was maybe also playing some Jx hands or maybe QQ? I dont know))
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by benaars
      Well I was 3betting him before and he folded to all 3bets I made and to everyone elses, so he is continuing only with good hands... so I was thinking it is profitable to 3bet him if he is folding so many hands..

Well I dont think he is going to bluff... but due to his check on the turn and small river bet, he was maybe also playing some Jx hands or maybe QQ? I dont know))
      QQ wouldn't really be betting there, he would be turning QQ into bluff. :)