can't catch a break

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze

that was today's session. Yesterday was similar except that I managed to catch some good hands at the end and just about break even; but who wants to stare at 6 tables for 6 hours and break even.

A quick overview of those hands:
      hand 1
      I have QQ in the BB and the SB was a total maniac so I was definitely going broke preflop. He had AA and turned a set of aces

hand 2
      This was the most gross hand I've played in a long time. I had AA with A of diamonds and villain had KK (NO DIAMOND). The money went in on the turn. At that point villain had one card (ONE) and one street left. I am about 98% favourite to win. Guess what comes on the river :s_cry:

hand 3
      standard river flush

hand 4
      how can you lose with KK and there's a K on the flop? Well it simple, villain must have AA and an A must also come on the flop X(

hand 5
      flush

hand 6
      money went in on the turn and if you guessed AT, well you'd be right

hand 7
      Villain was playing the old A8 monster.

I'm sure I lost some tilty pots as well, but come on.

As Antonio Esfandiari would say.. this is fun, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nice session.
      guess mine could be like that, but i stopped at 2 bi because i felt tilt creeping (ended yesterday 2 bi down too) :f_p: can't hit vs fish, worse rivercards arrive etc :D

this is just our mindset being tested, definitely
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      today is a new day :]

I guess I should be happy that I played 2k+ hands, catching my fair share of bad beats and coolers, but still managed to stay somewhat composed.

You'll notice that I was making a comeback till the poker gods decided that I needed another dose of doom.

That hand right at the end where I dropped +-1BI was the QQ vs AA against the maniac.