This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

can't catch a break

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze

that was today's session. Yesterday was similar except that I managed to catch some good hands at the end and just about break even; but who wants to stare at 6 tables for 6 hours and break even.

A quick overview of those hands:
      hand 1
      I have QQ in the BB and the SB was a total maniac so I was definitely going broke preflop. He had AA and turned a set of aces

hand 2
      This was the most gross hand I've played in a long time. I had AA with A of diamonds and villain had KK (NO DIAMOND). The money went in on the turn. At that point villain had one card (ONE) and one street left. I am about 98% favourite to win. Guess what comes on the river :s_cry:

hand 3
      standard river flush

hand 4
      how can you lose with KK and there's a K on the flop? Well it simple, villain must have AA and an A must also come on the flop X(

hand 5
      flush

hand 6
      money went in on the turn and if you guessed AT, well you'd be right

hand 7
      Villain was playing the old A8 monster.

I'm sure I lost some tilty pots as well, but come on.

As Antonio Esfandiari would say.. this is fun, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nice session.
      guess mine could be like that, but i stopped at 2 bi because i felt tilt creeping (ended yesterday 2 bi down too) :f_p: can't hit vs fish, worse rivercards arrive etc :D

this is just our mindset being tested, definitely
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      today is a new day :]

I guess I should be happy that I played 2k+ hands, catching my fair share of bad beats and coolers, but still managed to stay somewhat composed.

You'll notice that I was making a comeback till the poker gods decided that I needed another dose of doom.

That hand right at the end where I dropped +-1BI was the QQ vs AA against the maniac.