Hyper SnG questions

• OarrO
      OarrO
      Bronze
      I have a few questions in regards to hyper SnG's, I play 6 man on stars.

1. How many buy-ins should i have before i move up a level?

My bankroll management has been pretty poor i started playing on Thursday with $15, playing the $3.50's and whenever i reached 10 buy ins for the next level i moved up, by Friday afternoon i was at $460 and Friday evening i was broke i think a big mistake was moving from the 15$'s to the 30$'s. I re-invested $15 on Saturday and have been grinding the $1.50 I'm at $120, should i move up? I don't wan't to go bust again.

2. Is Hypers the way to go?

I feel there is more variance in hypers compared to turbos although i did 100 6 man $3.50 turbos test and if i look at my results compared to 100 6 man hypers they are pretty much the same (1311 Battle of the planets points for turbos & 1290 for the Hypers) only problem is i have a small sample size has anybody else tried this and found that hypers are more money effective p/hr?

3. Is there any teaching material/forums posts on Hypers? or any coaches that specialize in just Hypers.

4. My final question is a bit off topic i downloaded HM2 Trial for a month to use the HUD but it doesn't work it tracks the tables but not the players and doesn't show me anything so i downloaded elephant and same story it says it will show me stats when enough hands are played but the stats never show, I'm not good with software.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

(no longer a forum virgin :f_cool: )
  • 6 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello,

1: When it comes to BRM, I would suggest extremely nitty BRM for Hypers, at least 100 BI.

2: I can't answer that, but I hear the variance can be soulcrushing when running a hundred BI under EV over a fairly small sample..

3: I will look in to this for you!

4: Not sure about the HM2 part, but the elephant has no support for SnGs or MTTs and it will not be added, as development has been discontinued for the software.
    • OarrO
      OarrO
      Bronze
      frukt,

thanks for the input, 100 BI! looks like I've got to keep grinding :D and it would be really appreciated if you were to find some material for me to study I'm desperate to improve my game!
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      200 BI.
    • OarrO
      OarrO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      200 BI.
      Anymore insight into this?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      So, hello again OarrO.

I've asked around a bit and talked to some friends and colleagues, and the common consensus is: Study ICM for Hyper-Turbos.

With the insane speed structure and effective stacksizes right off the bat, as long as you know your ICM, you should be able to play profitably, but the variance is always going to be a bit of a ***** in hypers.

I'd suggest using the PokerStrategy.com ICM Trainer as well as reading our articles on ICM in the strategy section.

Regards,
      Richard
    • OarrO
      OarrO
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      So, hello again OarrO.

I've asked around a bit and talked to some friends and colleagues, and the common consensus is: Study ICM for Hyper-Turbos.

With the insane speed structure and effective stacksizes right off the bat, as long as you know your ICM, you should be able to play profitably, but the variance is always going to be a bit of a ***** in hypers.

I'd suggest using the PokerStrategy.com ICM Trainer as well as reading our articles on ICM in the strategy section.

Regards,
      Richard
      Thanks, i feel my push-fold game is pretty strong and i do start to feel the variance at the higher micros (is there such thing? i mean the $7 and $15) but the $1.50's im averaging around 1325 BOP score over 100 SnGs (300 sample) so it's going very well do you know who would be the best person to approach for advice and lessons in hyper-turbos?