$6.90
      MP2:
      $1.07
      MP3:
      $1.64
      CO:
      $1.78

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T, Q.
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) 9, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.94) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64.

River: ($2.22) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.44, Hero raises to $5.82(All-In), BU calls $2.68(All-In).

Final Pot: $12.16.

Normally I don't play this hand from this position, but villain was a deepstack maniac so I wanted to play a nice drawing hand against him cheaply.

What do you think of the postflop play? I didn't bet because I think the board is pretty safe, I just don't want to see a Q or a T to kill my action
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: Why do you limp? :f_cry:

As played
      Postflop: I would just Raise it right on the flop, we don't want him to Check behind there or anything. Even if he is a maniac he could still Call with very wide range on the flop and meanwhile could easily just Check behind on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      lol. I limped because there is a very good chance that he was 3betting and then I would have to fold. Another reason is that I sometimes limp lowish PP from that position and I was thinking that I should maybe mix up my limping range a bit.

I used to, at least, limp every PP from any position and raise from mid or late positions. But I've started folding small PP from EP because I think it's a bit of a leak for me.

So donk the flop? In this case it would've worked since he flopped 2 pair, but normally do we want to risk the maniac folding when we know there's a good chance he's going to bluff anyway?

I don't have the exact stats right now but I think he had a very high turn and river aggression.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      lol. I limped because there is a very good chance that he was 3betting and then I would have to fold. Another reason is that I sometimes limp lowish PP from that position and I was thinking that I should maybe mix up my limping range a bit.

PPs are a bit different case, you have easily play with them postflop but with QT you could face a lot ugly spots.

I used to, at least, limp every PP from any position and raise from mid or late positions. But I've started folding small PP from EP because I think it's a bit of a leak for me.

Yeah, I totally agree. I would also recommend folding 22-55 from EP. :) You can always go back to smaller ones if you feel ready for them and know around how to play preflop+postflop.

So donk the flop? In this case it would've worked since he flopped 2 pair, but normally do we want to risk the maniac folding when we know there's a good chance he's going to bluff anyway?

I would vs maniac still Check/Raise as we know that he is going to CB. :) Of course if you expect him to be bluffing a lot then sure, we can pick such a line but then I would do it still a bit more different boards where he most likely wouldn't be Checking behind. Here are a lot of draws around which could Check behind the turn and not sure if he even bets with them again.