SB: $16.59 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 4, AF: 3.9, Hands: 890
      BB: $12.22 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 10, 3B: 2, AF: 2.4, Hands: 360
      UTG: $3.85 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 0.0, Hands: 45
      UTG+1: $22.10 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 2.2, Hands: 178
      MP: $2.53 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 14, 3B: 2, AF: 0.0, Hands: 140
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 3.9, Hands: 1684

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 7 :spade: A :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.60) 3 :diamond: 8 :spade: A :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.60) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.42, Hero calls $0.42

River: ($1.44) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02

• 10 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I cbet, our percieved range is weak. He might float a lot... Giving up the iniciative sucks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

I like your play here and most likely I would have played the same way vs such an opponent. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I like decision about not cbeting this board. Very dry flop so we can play easily play check behind... on the turn we have to call but on the river I don't think so we are ahead here. I would be inclined to fold it. We have just weak A. Any A8+ beat us, KJ and flush draw completed. For me it's easy lay down
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I like decision about not cbeting this board. Very dry flop so we can play easily play check behind... on the turn we have to call but on the river I don't think so we are ahead here. I would be inclined to fold it. We have just weak A. Any A8+ beat us, KJ and flush draw completed. For me it's easy lay down
      I mean if you plan to fold this against such an opponent after you took the line bluff catch then dont use it. I mean it doesnt make sense to call once turn and giving up river unless he is a nit which this guy isnt. One of the rules should be if you plan to call the turn you should plan to call the river which you are probably aware of.And what card suits you on the river? If I think about on most cards you wouldnt call a bet. So I dont get your bluffcatching idea. Call turn and prey for a free showdown?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      do you think that this player is able to bluff on :diamond: river when on the turn he bets when was flush draw?
      with A7o we probably play pot control too. We wanted to see showdown as cheap as possible and in this example this showdown is a little too expensive.
      As I said... it's great play that we didn't cbet and we called turn but on the river no way that we were ahead.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      do you think that this player is able to bluff on :diamond: river when on the turn he bets when was flush draw?
      with A7o we probably play pot control too. We wanted to see showdown as cheap as possible and in this example this showdown is a little too expensive.
      As I said... it's great play that we didn't cbet and we called turn but on the river no way that we were ahead.
      Would you call on a non ? lets say 9 or T or J or Q
      Also why do you believe people are not capable of bluffing on this board?
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I would probably fold even on non :diamond: river.

because this player isn't moron at all in my opinion and his line isn't able to make to fold even weak A like in this example A7o.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I would probably fold even on non :diamond: river.

because this player isn't moron at all in my opinion and his line isn't able to make to fold even weak A like in this example A7o.
      So what is the point of bluff catching?
      To call the turn and prey for a check on the river?
      Then rather bet yourself flop and turn
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      yeap... we did it on the turn in my opinion. It was bluff catching on the turn but he bets again on the river so I don't think so that he is bluffing anymore. For me it looks like value bet.

I have to admit that this hand is very interesting hand and I understand idea of bluff catching in this example but A7 is very problematic hand as we can see.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Any specific question guys? :D Cause someone pressed "the button".