How to play against bots ?

• kavboj84
      Hi !

Recently I started playing FL on iPoker, and soon I realized that it is full of bots. They are playing there constantly, really 24/7, and react quickly to the game actions but do not react to anything I write in the chatbox. Everyone of them play TAG, close to optimal, its hard to exploit them. What would be the easiest way to beat them ?
  • 7 replies
    • datsmahname
      If you're playing at microstakes then it will be very difficult to have a big enough edge over reasonably competent opponents and profit in spite of the high rake.

Playing against a bot is no different from playing against someone who plays exactly like a bot... so I wouldn't worry about this distinction.

Other than that, its the same as adapting to anyone else except theres a possibility that these opponents will not adapt when you exploit them.
    • kamil90
      some bots got leak that they not recognize sizings. I mean i played at boss media against one, and just saw that one big leak.
    • Svarthjalmar
      Seems that most bots would react to the same situations in the same way. So if you find their pattern, you can probably beat them pretty easily, right? For one thing, they're probably mostly pretty nitty, so a fair amount of 3bets and Cbets should throw them off a bit, yeah? Once you find the ratio which is profitable against that bot, you could probably take it to the cleaners.
    • conall88
      bots look at pot odds, so bet sizing will affect their calling ranges postflop..
    • kavboj84
      So I should overrepresent my hands a bit, bluff more and go for fold equity ? They seem to be pretty solid at showdown still they arent that nitty as a typical nit . If you want a few examples check for alavala, or beninnio.
    • DailyDollarPro
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      Hi !

Recently I started playing FL on iPoker...
      Do not play bots on fixed limit.

Unless they are absolutely terrible, you will just get owned by the rake.
    • redskwerl
      if you play on high rake limits (everything thats not highstakes) you probably cant beat them. that is, if they really are bots.