BTN: $12.28 - VPIP: 91, PFR: 37, 3B: 28, AF: 3.0, Hands: 159
      SB: $10.71 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0.3, Hands: 106
      BB: $6.28 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 3.6, Hands: 56
      UTG: $13.11 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 10, 3B: 2, AF: 1.2, Hands: 127
      MP: $12.44 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 7, AF: 2.2, Hands: 508
      Hero (CO): $13.67 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.8, Hands: 66300

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with J:club: J:heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 4:club: 5:spade: 7:spade: (3 players)
      MP bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05, BTN calls $1.05

Turn: ($4.20) K:heart: (3 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.15, BTN calls $3.15, MP folds

River: ($10.50) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $10.50
      BTN shows 6:spade: T:spade:
      Hero wins $9.80
      (Rake: $0.70)

A weird hand. Should be a correctly played one, I guess.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Well, you have to think it this way. What do you think MPs CBetting range there is? As long he is so tight I would expect him to have a very strong range there which is potting vs multiway pot + very loose opponent. Therefore you practically turned even your hand into bluff on the turn but most likely he just folded something like QQ/TT(some combos of smaller PPs). :D So only combo which you beat there was TT.

So do you think betting the turn again is a good idea? Do you think even Calling the flop will be a good idea? What do you expect that the opponent is going to Check the turn? What kind of card can we continue?

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      What do you think MPs CBetting range there is?

I think we can safely assume that he is not Cbetting hands that missed completely – underpairs and overcards. He could, however be Cbetting 66, 88 – TT. I think that he also would Cbet a flushdraw (suited broadways + suited medium to high Ax hands). And of course he is Cbetting hands that beat us. Whether or not he Cbets pot-size all of his range I cannot say for I lack such experience. If we can assume that he does I think that a flop call should not be too bad.

What do you expect that the opponent is going to Check the turn?

Once he checks I expect him to give up next to 100% of all times. He could not afford to give away free cards on this board with any made hand that he wants to continue with. Unless he has a flush draw that he decides to start playing passively since he is unlikely to have fold equity. In most cases that leaves me in a HU pot with the ultra-fish, who could call with very very many bad hands and draws on the turn.

Maybe I am too optimistic. What could be a stepping stone in my thought process is his pot-size multiway cBet interpretation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I am not saying that Betting the turn is bad but we also must think a bit about the situation. Like for example on the flop, if we do Call then we also must think that we are ahead, which means we have to Bet the turn to protect.

At the same time if we rather think that we might be even behind vs his pot size Bet into multiway pot I sometimes even just fold it right on the flop cause there are too many bad cards which we might see plus we have the maniac behind us for whom we would give good odds if we do Call.
      Bronze
      In general, how do you interpret pot-size bets on these limits? They are probably more tended to be a sign of strength, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      In general, how do you interpret pot-size bets on these limits? They are probably more tended to be a sign of strength, right?
      Especially multiway and on such a draw-heavy board yes.