heads up

• Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      hello all, since mansion is terrible i havent botherd playing on it so ive been using money ive won at freerolls to play is $1 sit and go's on pokerstars. My problem is heads up, i cant seem to win at all. When dealt hands like J9, Q10,etc and my opponent goes all in am i supposed to call cos i just seem to run into better hands everytime. Any experienced sit and go players give me some tips on hands to call with and such as heads up seems to be a severe setback for me atm.Thanks in advance
  • 6 replies
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      push loose cal tight hope for the best.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      It depends on the blindlevel. If you have enough BB left you cann still raise and fold to a push. Otherwise push aggressive and call tight as said before.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      If you have room to play (ie more than 15BB) then play 10 or so hands standard and try gauge what kind of opponent your facing and define his range. Then, If he's raising almost every hand then make some re-steal shoves when you think your ahead. If he's passive, start raising up marginal hands preflop (as well as your normal raising range), but be ready to lay it down on the flop when you get called, assuming you miss.

And don't worry when you make a call with K6o because you think you're ahead of maniac villains range, and he shows AK. Remember that AK is in his range too.
    • Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      thanks for advice guys much appreciated, what i'm doing atm is shoving any 2 face cards,K5+ and any ace or any pair preflop. If it helps on these $1 sit and gos on pokerstars BB is usually 300 when 3way/heads-up.
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      It depends on the blindlevel. If you have enough BB left you cann still raise and fold to a push. Otherwise push aggressive and call tight as said before.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      Didn't realise he was on about deep stack
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      heads up , players get very agressive, firstly because they have made the money already and secondly they lack experience to play with 10 bb or lower amount left. When an opponent goes all in every other hand I would call with Q10s, because in low stake SNG the heads up is quick and more of a gamble.