Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $162,25
      Hero:
      $49,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO Fto3B = 0%
      FtoCB = 49%

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero raises to $6,00, 2 folds, CO calls $4,25.

Flop: ($12,75) 7:heart: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $8, CO calls $8,00.

Turn: ($28,75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

I thought even if he has a draw he is very unlikely to call.
      Can i still bet against this player?

River: ($28,75) 5:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $28,75
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Not sure if the guy would even Call the turn anyways. Therefore I don't even mind your play, although I guess I would throw a small bet on the river like $10.

Best Regards.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Why would you not bet the turn? Especially in a 3bet pot. He has a lot of worse pairs, he might think his Ax is good. I would always bet here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Why would you not bet the turn? Especially in a 3bet pot. He has a lot of worse pairs, he might think his Ax is good. I would always bet here.
      Do you plan to get 3 streets value there? :)
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Do you plan to get 3 streets value there? :)
      River is not such a clear-cut decision for me. On blank rivers (2,3,K) I would valuebet. I would most probably check back an A,9,8,5. You think there is more value in checking back turn and bluffcatch/valuebet river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      River is not such a clear-cut decision for me. On blank rivers (2,3,K) I would valuebet. I would most probably check back an A,9,8,5. You think there is more value in checking back turn and bluffcatch/valuebet river?

I wold often expect him rather to pay just 1 street, doubt doubt he is going to Call us down in 3bet pot all 3 streets. The 7 might be also a scare-card for him, never know. :D I would check behind the turn and Bet the river for value like $15 and he could easily even hero-call with A high. Of course I am not telling that your plan is wrong, I wouldn't even mind your plan either but often times we also have to think about if he is even capable hero-calling with Ace high and might hero-call rather that on the river after we show weakness with Check behind.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I see your point. It obviously depends on the fish' tendencies.

Personally, I still prefer betting without more info since I 2nd barrel quite often and fish get curious and/or are annoyed and start herocalling/spazzing vs me. So I guess it also depends on our image.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I see your point. It obviously depends on the fish' tendencies.

Personally, I still prefer betting without more info since I 2nd barrel quite often and fish get curious and/or are annoyed and start herocalling/spazzing vs me. So I guess it also depends on our image.
      Could work out as well vs tilty guys. :D