This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - QQ on 7667

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $162,25
      Hero:
      $49,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO Fto3B = 0%
      FtoCB = 49%

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero raises to $6,00, 2 folds, CO calls $4,25.

Flop: ($12,75) 7:heart: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $8, CO calls $8,00.

Turn: ($28,75) 7:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

I thought even if he has a draw he is very unlikely to call.
      Can i still bet against this player?

River: ($28,75) 5:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $28,75
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Not sure if the guy would even Call the turn anyways. Therefore I don't even mind your play, although I guess I would throw a small bet on the river like $10.

Best Regards.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Why would you not bet the turn? Especially in a 3bet pot. He has a lot of worse pairs, he might think his Ax is good. I would always bet here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Why would you not bet the turn? Especially in a 3bet pot. He has a lot of worse pairs, he might think his Ax is good. I would always bet here.
      Do you plan to get 3 streets value there? :)
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Do you plan to get 3 streets value there? :)
      River is not such a clear-cut decision for me. On blank rivers (2,3,K) I would valuebet. I would most probably check back an A,9,8,5. You think there is more value in checking back turn and bluffcatch/valuebet river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      River is not such a clear-cut decision for me. On blank rivers (2,3,K) I would valuebet. I would most probably check back an A,9,8,5. You think there is more value in checking back turn and bluffcatch/valuebet river?

I wold often expect him rather to pay just 1 street, doubt doubt he is going to Call us down in 3bet pot all 3 streets. The 7 might be also a scare-card for him, never know. :D I would check behind the turn and Bet the river for value like $15 and he could easily even hero-call with A high. Of course I am not telling that your plan is wrong, I wouldn't even mind your plan either but often times we also have to think about if he is even capable hero-calling with Ace high and might hero-call rather that on the river after we show weakness with Check behind.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I see your point. It obviously depends on the fish' tendencies.

Personally, I still prefer betting without more info since I 2nd barrel quite often and fish get curious and/or are annoyed and start herocalling/spazzing vs me. So I guess it also depends on our image.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I see your point. It obviously depends on the fish' tendencies.

Personally, I still prefer betting without more info since I 2nd barrel quite often and fish get curious and/or are annoyed and start herocalling/spazzing vs me. So I guess it also depends on our image.
      Could work out as well vs tilty guys. :D