[NL20-NL50] nl50 AK vs spewy reg, facing turn cr

    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Joined: 02.03.2008 Posts: 718
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1716044
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      Hero (MP): $70.56
      CO: $50.00
      BTN: $45.25
      SB: $57.10
      BB: $18.50
      UTG: $51.30

      Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with A:diamond: K:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

      Flop: ($3.50) 7:club: K:spade: Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50

      Turn: ($8.50) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB raises to $14.50, Hero calls $9

      River: ($37.50) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $38.60 all in, Hero calls $38.60

      20/15 over 320 hands, call open sb 6%, bb 6%, overall 3b 12%, fold to cbet 20% (10), raise cbet 15%

      reads: had floated with KQo ip on AJxxx and on 3rd flush river bluffshoved over with missed draw.
      squeezed T2o from BB, when i called OTB with QQ, he didnt cbet A67ss, led on T turn and checked blank riv.

      even though the hand sample is small, i still have hard time believing he has 7x combos in his range. 77 is exactly one combo and KQ would have raised the flop most likely.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello urmo1,

      But do you think he is capable of bluffing the river even anymore? The problem by flatting the turn is that you are giving away free cards for semi-bluff type of hands. What about his W$SD so far? Raise on turn?

      With his flat pre he is anyways only repping here QQ which is just few combos.

      Also what we should be asking is that does he understand that he can't really represent much here? But otherwise I do agree with your thoughts.

      Best Regards.
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Joined: 02.03.2008 Posts: 718
      pretty sure QQ isnt in his range since he has 3bet 12% so far. w$sd was 46%.
      isnt raise turn stat too specific considering the sample?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by urmo1
      pretty sure QQ isnt in his range since he has 3bet 12% so far. w$sd was 46%.
      isnt raise turn stat too specific considering the sample?
      It gives still us a view how he plays the early hands, especially if he still has it very high then obviously we can put him even on a wider bluff-range. If he never has done it then we can expect this to be more towards only semi-bluffs at the best.

      Well, we can't be sure without even knowing your stats. If you are tight player and mainly folding to 3bets and only continue with strong range then he could easily be even flatting QQ while you open from MP. ;)
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Joined: 02.03.2008 Posts: 718
      my image was loose-agro, fwiw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by urmo1
      my image was loose-agro, fwiw.
      Oh well, I guess I would just make a Call there, especially if your image was also loose. :) He could still even have bluffs and of course even worse and as you said spewy REG. :P Just make a worthy note.