This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak

• thebaptist333
      thebaptist333
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $0.94
      CO (Hero):
      $5.62
      BU:
      $2.11
      SB:
      $0.96
      BB:
      $5.08
      UTG2:
      $1.60
      MP1:
      $1.60
      MP2:
      $6.80

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.14, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.14, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.34) Q, Q, A (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.68) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.56, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($1.8) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.44, Hero calls $1.44.

Final Pot: $4.68.

Should I just 3bet pre? If I 3bet pre against this bigstack, what do I do if he 4bets or shoves? I have to fold right?

Should I ever give up postflop?

I watched a video the other day where the coach was talking about keeping villains range wide so that is what I was trying to do here. If I reraise on the flop and villain 3bets with AJ or AK, I turn my hand into a bluff and I have to fold. Is this reasoning correct here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello thebaptist333,

Preflop: Of course we can keep his range wide but now again the problem with that for a lot beginners is that they just overplay TP. ;) That's why it's more reasonable to rather just 3bet/Fold while the guy could even Call with worse and we have still position and could overplay him with it.

As played
      Postflop: calling the turn of course is still fine, although I don't really see many hands what we beat on the river which also Bets so big. What do you expect to see there what you beat?

Best Regards.