Crooks stay away!!

• firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      So 1 month ago i was searching for a poker platform offering FDB to move my roll from pokerstars and boost it a bit...
      Checking the poker platform list here in ps.com i saw the 888 promos and FDB...
      Checked some google searches too and decided to deposit my money there...
      But being inexperienced i didnt pay attention to the details that really matter...
      So my list of complains and advices...

1)PS TRACK PROBLEM...When i joined there i did it through ps.com... The weird thing is i never got tracked... When i asked the support they told me i m not tracked and there was nothing i could do about it... I then thought fuck it i m staying for two weeks the most and i had my funds already transfered so i started playing...

2)VERY LOW RAKEBACK... Even with the FDB the rakeback was 22% and freerolls...
      Freerolls? Really? That was the solution to all my roll problems...
      Searching a lil deeper i found out that there are sites which offer 50%+ rakeback including the FDB...So why joining 888?

3)SUPPORT NOT EXISTING... U want support? Ofc they have support... 1-2 hours a day and u have to wait about 10-20 minutes to talk to them... And when u finally can have a conversation with them, they tell u to send a mail to the 888poker team or the trasfers team... AND WHY the F*** I HAD TO WAIT 20 MINUTES?

4)CROOKED WITHDRAWAL FEES... Oh yes... Italian mafia loanshark bussiness...
      From my partypoker-pokerstars experience noone charges so much for currency exchange... I mean i withdrew 760$ which was equal to 580euros and i only got 545euros... They charged me 35euros(50$)??? Thats 7-8% loss for me... I mean i dont understand... They charge me the rake and the currency exchange? I got 60$ from rakeback and i gave that money back for their fees... JESUS!!

So my advise to u?
      Dont step your foot(or better your cards) at this place...

Peace...
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Played there for years and <3 it. Crap RB at micro/low stakes/volumes ofc, but you can't have everything.

There are sites where I think the moniker "crooks" legitimately applies, 888.com isn't one of them in my experience.

Good lesson there though to read the t&c before depositing.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Oh, unless you mean for crooks not to play there, which after some reflection I'm probably happy to +1.
    • firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      Dont know mate...
      I took a look in 2+2 forum ....there were many ppl having the exact same complaints...
      If i were to advise someone in which room to deposit surely i wouldnt suggest this one...
      I mean the rakeback is so awfully small why you playing there...?
      The level of players is low though i did earn a couple of hundred $ but i really got tired of their lack of communication and withdrawal fees...
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been playing on 888 off and on for over 2 years now and in that time have withdrawn over $2.5K. I've never been charged any fees that I could see (all my withdrawals have been to Moneybookers/Skril).

The rakeback at micro limits is pathetic but this is more than made up for by the very poor level of play. I have had months where I have been winning at >30BB/100. If you are only playing for rakeback then move elsewhere and get your 30% rakeback and a win rate of 2-3 BB/100.

Personally I prefer to make my money on the tables.

I have to agree that their support is pathetic and the vast majority of those I have been in contact with know nothing about poker.

Personally I like the software and the terrible level of play so that is why I play there.

GL
    • Relative18
      Relative18
      Bronze
      I play on 888 poker and i made some withdraws but they never steal for me , if you make deposit in $ and request withdraw in $ they shouldn't take you any fee cuz they dont need to convert money . With support well the support sucks very much they talk to you nice when you want to deposit but when you have some problems they don't care, but i still play there cuz player are very weak.