UTG: $11.58
      MP: $8.14
      CO: $13.69
      Hero (BTN): $5.12
      SB: $4.62
      BB: $4.41

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.45, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 7:club: Q:diamond: 4:club:
      SB bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

Turn: ($2.03, 2 players) Q:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.03, 2 players) T:club:
      SB bets $1.17, Hero ????

Villain was 24/22 with 16% 3bet and 94% cbet over 112 hands. I felt he would 3bet vs steal a bit more than that, so I felt I could call or 4bet profitably. I called and felt he would cbet that board all the time, so I float. With the turn check I am quite confident I have the best of it, but I dont think any worse hands are folding to my bet, so I check behind for pot control.

Given the action in the rest of the hand, I have no idea what to do on the river. I was calling any non club/ace/king as I feel they could hit his range hard.

What do you think about the hand in general, and what should I do on that river?
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      bet turn for protection and free showdown then, that's a lot of cards that you don't want to see and he could call FD type of hands at least, maybe even level with worse pp

if you check turn then it is for river induce, T is relatively safe even if completing FD so i call there, specially for the given odds
    • veriz
      Hello esuohdla,

Why do you Check the turn? Rather Bet it for protection from draws+overcards. And otherwise for the given odds you can't really fold as long you induce with the Check behind and show weakness.

Best Regards.