can someone help me?

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      ok, i know this might be too long to read but i need some serious advice from u guys cause im totallly down from what is going on with my BR and i dont know what to do next, and if someone has an experience with this, plaese, do tell..... :(
      (sorry for my english, i know its not too great)

i dont know if this thing that is happening to me is just a huge downswing or im just using a swingy strategy (although i think not, im not an overly aggresive maniac), but what i experienced in last few days made me think about whether this is the game for me or not...

(i play NL2/NL5/NL10 SH @ everest, usually 4-6 tabling)

soo starded my cash game grinding with $11 bankroll (initally had $50 from PS, but 1st thing i did was an $39 tournament - i know now, not my brightest moment in BRM decisions)

(using 15BI BR strategy)
      so, from $11 (playing NL2), i went to $65 in 12000 hands, went to NL5
      from $65 (playing NL5), i went to $120 in 6000 hands, went to NL10
      from $120 (playing nl10), i went to $185 in 1400 hands......

sounds pretty fast huh? :)

well, after i was @ 185, i lost about $80 at NL10 (in 800 hands), moved back to NL5
      after i was @~$100,i lost about $50 at NL5 (in 2200 hands),moved back to NL2
      after i was @~$50, i lost about $25 at NL2 (in 1400 hands)

so i went from $11 to $180 in less than 20000 hands,
      dropped from $180 to $24 (which im currently sitting on) in 4400 hands...

i just dont know what is happening right now...

last 4000 hands im experiencing huge tilt and huge rage...
      in my last session, i had AA sucked out -allin preflop- exactly 10/12 times (vs KK/QQ/AQ/AK/74s) and the 2 pots i won were against shortstack with <20BB
      KK- (dealt 8 times last session) - 3 times i was agains AA, 1 time i won, 4 times they sucked out against me....
      AK- either i was against AA/KK (lost all), AQ/KQ/AJ (won like 30% of them) etc...
      4 times i sticked all money in with more than 94% equity.... won 1/4

what am i supposed to do now? i had $180 which i made out of $11 in less than 20K hands playing solid poker, now i lost it all in just 4K hands....

what am i supposed to do?
      1) deposit $100 and grind NL5
      2) grind NL2
      3) quit poker?

thanks for answers guys....
  • 7 replies
    • luckygan2002
      luckygan2002
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I read your article and nice job at first but how did you lose it all quite quickly, were u playing not tight or were u playing on tilt ? if It's the first time ur losing, i don't think you should quit if you have a passion for playing the game. Try depositing and playing micro limits.

One more thing why did you go to NL10 with BR of $180, you should have stuck at NL5 until your Br went up to ~$300 - $400. ( Again this is my opinionm I might be right or wrong ) :)

Well I guess if you could have got $11 to $180 in 20k hands ( which is not bad ) I guess you could do it again if you played ur game, hands properly and tightly. Why dont you deposit as you said $100 and start giving it a try on NL5 and see how it goes for the time being. ( Again It's just my opinin )
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Its just as likely that you got lucky when you were winning as you got unlucky as you were losin. Quit unless you really like the game can play more then 8 tables and have alot of free time.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      yes, i think Pokerstrategy reccomends a 25BI BRM, im only using 15, that might be too aggresive

ill try and give it a shot @ NL2 with my last $24 and we will see,
      hopefully it will get better
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      well it recommends 25BI and i've heard a couple people say even that is slightly aggressive. if you don't have much experience its obviously best to drop to nl2 and just play regardless of how much you have. you will have leaks that only studying and experience will fix and these things take time. would you rather fix leaks at nl2 and lose $20 or play nl10 and lose $100 in the same stretch? chances are you havent played long enough to establish what an aggressive BRM is for you because its a personal thing based on winrate. its not easy to win - the best thing you can do is focus on improving your play rather than the money which seems to be a big issue in your posts. read the articles and post some hands. hope this helps :)
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I myself am in similar boat,on bit diferend stakes tho.
      I came from 1k to 4h in 15k hands than lost it almost everything in 10 and on top of that I threw laptop, 27" LCD, 70e worth mouse and keyboard thru window out of 15thth floor!
      I think first what you need to do is to take a brake for a week or 2!
      To dicconect yourself from emotions , gain some self respect back thru other stuff and be somehow happy.
      Fuck poker man its really not everything in life and if you dont balance, its hard to maintain emotional shit.
      THan you come here, study some and try playing nl2 upwards.
      Poker is one sick game, and times like this will hapen all the time.
      Now what is up to us is to accept it and than to improve a game, to lose least possible amount on downswing and tilt, and win the most on heater and good play.

Best regards and good luck .

cheers
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      I myself am in similar boat,on bit diferend stakes tho.
      I came from 1k to 4h in 15k hands than lost it almost everything in 10 and on top of that I threw laptop, 27" LCD, 70e worth mouse and keyboard thru window out of 15thth floor!
      I think first what you need to do is to take a brake for a week or 2!
      To dicconect yourself from emotions , gain some self respect back thru other stuff and be somehow happy.
      Fuck poker man its really not everything in life and if you dont balance, its hard to maintain emotional shit.
      THan you come here, study some and try playing nl2 upwards.
      Poker is one sick game, and times like this will hapen all the time.
      Now what is up to us is to accept it and than to improve a game, to lose least possible amount on downswing and tilt, and win the most on heater and good play.

Best regards and good luck .

cheers
      this^^ LOL

man after making the final table on a decent PKR event last week this donkey started shoving every hand while he was chip leader..after 7-8 hrs of playing and being really impressed and happy with my play i get AK of course the guy utg open shoves like always im 2nd place now and obviously snap call

turns over Q9o and hit trips, when on the flop
      my window in my apt was wide open without a second though i unplugged the computer and jus chucked the piece right at the winow

thankfully the angle it hit it alloweed it not to fall out but i chuckled when i read ur post.... as soon as i did it i was like man take it e z just a game

anyways dont quit unless you have played for a couple years or so and just cant hit a win then obviously its not a game for you, but in that time with proper studying and game analysis u should be able to bank coin
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      well, i took a break for 3 days, came back with $24, started playing NL2 again, and now im up @ $50 back again.... took 5000 hands.... i guess the breat did help :)

thanks