Is there any software able to tell your amount good/bad luck during a certain sample?

• suaveplayer
      suaveplayer
      Bronze
      I mean some kind of counter of luck on card distribution and percentage of flops hit,stuff like this.

I think something like this would be useful for the purpose of having a more objective view of things when you are running bad.

When you are having a crushing bad run it would ease your mind to have objective proof that your run is indeed sick bad so you can more or less know how much of the negative results is bad run and how much is bad play.

On the other hand, it might put some light on whether you are actually running a bad as you think.
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I think that a tool like this would demoralize a lot of people. Seeing that your 8bb/100 over 150 k is actually a 2bb/100 would make many quit this game :D .

Assessing as objectively as possible how much of your results are due to skill and which part is either good or bad run is a skill in itself and therefore a place to gain an edge imo.

It would surprise me if such a tool exists, don't see how could any algorithm assess you your true win rate, just too many variables, I mean you'd need a solved game for this to work.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I moved this to the Poker Software board, where I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on the subject!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      In PT4 there is a report "Overall Luck Bell Curve" it's under "Leak tracker" tab
      Mine looks like this over 70k sample on NL2, NL5, luckboxing those flushes and sets :f_biggrin:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Is it anything else than a graph saying where you stand compared to where you should stand on the instances you went all in with a draw ?