Difficulty of zoom.

• mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I am having difficulty beating 5nl fr zoom. I will probably move back to regular full ring tomorrow. Variance has shaken me to much on zoom. To many lucky rivers X( have hurt a lot of my profit. Is 10nl zoom easier or very similar.
  • 13 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I don't ever understand what people mean by zoom being overtaken by to many rivers... The thing is.. you can play zoom and post up 1k hands an hour, you post up 250 on tables lets say.. So if in 250 hands you have 2 bad beats.. then in an hour on normal tabs you will have 2 bad beats per hour.. whereas on Zoom you will have 8 bad beats every hour.. Which for some people result in having 'more' bad beats? It doesnt.

Another thing is.. NL5 FR is stupid, eveyone folds bar the nuts.. and NL10 FR is the exact same. If you want a decent game swap to NL5SR or NL10SR..

but to answer the question.. no NL10 isnt 'easier' its the same.

Also.. I have grinded through NL2 to NL10 in a matter of weeks, and have the roll for a very aggressive NL25.. So it isnt the lucky rivers its getting it in when you should, or not calling when a river card comes down. Most people only play the nuts, and if you understand this can easily beat the limits on Zoom very very quickly.

with 1k hands an hour on average. In 3 hours except 24bad beats. but also except to have more AA v KK hands and QQ v KK hands etc.. And except to be paid of when you do have the best hands.

Although its completely up to the user if you feel like your A game isnt being played on the zoom tables then switch back to the normal tables and see how you fair.. a winning players, its all about volume. So Zoom is the easiest place to determine this. Otherwise you could simply just not be crushing yet. Also if your not beating NL5 then going to NL10 wont work.. go to NL2 and crush that for a few thousands hands.. then try NL5 again.

TL;DR - Zoom >
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      So 6 max is easier on zoom?? I haven't even given it a shot .
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      If you want to win at full ring zoom you need to master playing deep stack.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      If you want to win at full ring zoom you need to master playing deep stack.
      or just play 100bb all the time
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      this is a fail thread
    • shichibukaii
      shichibukaii
      Bronze
      Not to flamebait but pokerstars is ridiculous. Playing plo 6-handed, got AAxx double suited, raised and one guy called, flop AK6 with nut flush draw, he donks pot to me and then calls a pot 3-bet, turn Q no flush, he checks, i bet pot, he shoves i of course call just to see his JT38 no suit whatsoever. The amount of such hands is baffling. It's as if people know that by playing like a donk they will get rewarded anyway. Can't wait till FTP opens.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      more fail not to flame bait but them doing dumb things is good for you
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      yes this is what i did at rush ftp, is it not possible at stars? (i am not playing there, this is not a troll question)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      yes this is what i did at rush ftp, is it not possible at stars? (i am not playing there, this is not a troll question)
      possible
    • shichibukaii
      shichibukaii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      more fail not to flame bait but them doing dumb things is good for you
      People doing dumb things is usually good for you but not on pokerstars. As long as they have 1 out you're gonna see those ridiculous rivers more often than you should.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      >150bb is where the money is at below NL25.
    • Sashalyuber
      Sashalyuber
      Bronze
      Would you recommend to play BSS according to the charts with a little more blind steals or a mutated version of MSS?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      3 months later...
      i am now a FR25 zoom reg. things do happen very quickly :f_biggrin:

yeah you can afford to steal more, also overbet shove rivers when you have the nuts