Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG Sic58 ($24.53)
      CO Abdulmuinn ($99.76)
      BTN Eduardojnag ($54.84)
      SB Groza189 ($49.50)
      BB Justmenace ($60.99)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Justmenace is BB K:club: 10:club:
      2 folds, Eduardojnag raises to $1, 1 fold, Justmenace calls $0.50

Flop: 5:club: 10:diamond: 6:club: ($2.25, 2 players)
      Justmenace bets $2.25, Eduardojnag raises to $4.50, Justmenace calls $2.25

Turn: 9:heart: ($11.25, 2 players)
      Justmenace checks, Eduardojnag bets $5.62, Justmenace calls $5.62

River: Q:diamond: ($22.49, 2 players)
      Justmenace checks, Eduardojnag bets $11.24, Justmenace calls $11.24

Villain: 68/29 3bet: 9.1 over 33 hands

Minbet on the button, arguments for making it 3 instead of 1 preflop against this passive fish or am I better of taking the "almost" free play?

I decided to donk as his small sample of hands shows that he tends to check behind quite often on the flop. Potting it seemed reasonable at the time, and still does.

His minraise could indicate both strong hands, bluffs or draws considering my donk. I decided to just flat it as I do not want to remove his bluffs from his range and allow him to barrel the turn as most turn cards doesn't scare me much in this case.

He continues but he makes it small, what could this indicate? I decided to call, there's still a few worse flush draws in his range and I am ahead of quite a few of his tens and of course bluffs.

I am not very sure about the river, QT improves, TJ he'd check behind, KJ being unlikely hits a straight and well 87 already did on the turn. He's got a few bluffs in his range still but I think he'd give up on them, missed flush draws might bet here though but it might not make out a big enough part of his range?

So how to play the river?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

against 68/28 player I would 3-bet KTs close to 100%, since you´re just too much ahead his opening range, so I don´t see any reason why not put more money in the pot with best hand. Also likely he would call pre-flop with worse hands and if you hit your tp postlop you can be quite sure having the best hand.

Since you have monster hand I would play there for stacks. he can always have there flushdraw+ against overpairs you´re flipping and you always have there fold equity even if you don´t improve your hand, so I would 3-bet flop to 13$ and b/c any turn.

Once you decide to calldown I think you can´t really fold at any point. His range is just too wide and your hand too strong, so I´m happy c/c him down even on A river (Q is not the worst card, so there I would also go to showdown)

Best regards,