This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH - K8s

• rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO pretugouveia ($20.49)
      BTN Justmenace ($49.25)
      SB OneOfProfi ($50.25)
      BB Abdulmuinn ($97.37)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Justmenace is BTN 8:spade: K:spade:
      pretugouveia calls $0.50, Justmenace raises to $2.50, 2 folds, pretugouveia calls $2

Flop: 9:spade: K:diamond: 10:club: ($5.75, 2 players)
      pretugouveia checks, Justmenace checks

Turn: 3:club: ($5.75, 2 players)
      pretugouveia checks, Justmenace bets $4.25, pretugouveia calls $4.25

River: 3:heart: ($14.25, 2 players)
      pretugouveia goes all-in $13.74, Justmenace calls $13.74

Villain: 42/18 3bet: 0.0 and fold to Cbet: 86 (7)

I like my flop play as this player plays fit/fold postflop and think I'd make the most money out of this hand by checking behind the flop inducing bluffs on turn. I would be less prompted to do this if the flop had a flush draw possible.

He bets the turn and ships the river making his hand look like a 3.

Considering I look fairly weak by checking the flop against this inferior player I decided to call his shove but I can't say if it's correct or not. Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

since you don´t really want to see J, Q or A I would bet myself flop and put him all-in on the turn. Top pair is enough against loose midstack and he would get all-in with worse hands. Sometimes you induce bluff hands that would have c/f, but generally I think you make more money by just betting your tp hands for value

As played: I would snapcall his river shove, most likely he has there missed draw than 3x or better hand

best regards,