Knock Out Turbo vs Regular turbo (micro limit)

• 6 replies
    • Targetme
      one has shorter blinds and has bountys.
    • fruktpuff
      I moved this to the Tournament Discussions forum, where I believe it'll get more relevant attention.
    • Asaban
      Hi palante and welcome to the tournament discussion forum :)

In general the main difference is the bounty for knocking out other players. As a result these tournaments are a bit less swingy and the variance isn't as big as normally since you get money as soon as you knock someone out.

On the other hand the pricepool is significantly smaller then it is in normal freezeouts with the same buyin. So if you have a deeprun you will earn less money then you normally would.

In the end it's a question of taste. If you like the KO's there is no reason not to play them.

• palante88
      hank you for your answer ;)

GL @ tables

(I am going to mix turbo and Turbo KO and see what s more profitable after 1000 games +-)

Actually after 80 games ROI of KO 27.5% and regular 0% ;)
    • grindtolive
      table selection is better.Mix both and table select
    • Jezterscap
      I find the most important difference is how quickly players get knocked out of the KO games.
      Eg Very often you can get to the bubble with blinds 50/100 in KO's
      While the normal 9 mans can still be 7 or 8 handed at 50/100
      KO's in general will give slightly more $/hr due to shorter games.

Playing non turbo KO's will give your "fishy" opponents more hands to make mistakes
      More regs play turbo's too so if your after fish i would go non turbo KO's

You wont be paying rake on your bounty price so this will give a slight return over the normal games.
      On stars $1.50 normal vs KO
      $1.29+ ($0.21) vs $1.08+$0.27+ ($0.15)

A little bit off topic but, one strategy i use is to open limp all small/mid pockets and suited connectors/1 gappers 56+ when the blinds are 10/20 and 15/30. This will induce action behind you. Most of the time you will fold to action but your 20/30 chips investment can lead to flopped sets and big draws or potentially end up getting 2 other players playing for stacks when someone tries to isolate you and gets reraised.