Another intro

• Orion801
      Orion801
      Bronze
      Hi all,

After seeing the 10SP promotion decided it might be about time I checked out the forums here :P

Been using the guides on this site for a few weeks now as well as having got the free starting bankroll. I managed to lose the first instalment and most of the second with a combination of bad luck with good hands and bad play with bad hands on cash games!

I recently changed to playing SnG's and being a little bit more disciplined with my strategy and bankroll management and have got off to a good start having placed in the money in 5 of the 6 games I've played so far with 3 of those being wins (admittedly I've had a few lucky hands to help me out). I think I'll stick with SnG's for a little while as I enjoy them a lot more than the cash games.

One thing I find slightly confusing is making push or fold decisions in the final stages and haven't found the articles available in the bronze section to be of that much help. I have a general feel for which hands to push with but I'm not that good at knowing how to take factors such as the number of opponents left into account. If anybody has any advice or links to articles they've found useful I'd appreciate it!
  • 3 replies