6 Max MSS Article

• chimpboy
      Hi all,

6 Max MSS

This is a very interesting & well written 6 max MSS article.
      How come this article is not listed in the Mid stack Strategy Section?

It would be read by more people if it was listed there.

Also, when will the second part of this series be released?

• 10 replies
    • surfwell1818
      I also found the MSS 6 MAX a well written article.
      A general 6 MAX area at pokerstrategy would be great.
      NL, FL, OMAHA, etc etc.
      It can be a search a thon looking for 6 max at times.
    • orojanjivu
      Hello dear strategists.

I have read the article and tried MSS SH for the change. Results are more than amazing. Apparently regs do not know how to deal with a good MSS-er. The fish stack off more lightly, and only a few times have i caught an opponent trying to 4bet bluff me. I have been playing about 27K hands now. By far on NL50, but also some on NL30 and NL20 (while still testing the strategy) on the ongame network. I seem to be the only MSS -reg out there. Some guys buying in for the minimum are decent but overall i have seen myself having a huge edge against the field.

In general most profit has been made by picking good spots to 3bet. Especially when a deep (100BB) reg in late position tries to isolate a limping fish i have threebet with a lot of succes from the blinds. Its very awkward for them to play apparently. Most of their small pairs they have to fold since a push would mean that they turn their hand into a bluff, and they never have enough implieds to call.

Before making a final judgment I will wait until i have gathered at least 50K hands. Im wondering if my 8.65BB/100 is sustainable at all since i seem to be in the middle of an upswing. Due to yesterdays and todays result he winrate increased by one whole BB/100.

Next to the $840 profit i have generated $740 rake (huge rb deal) while not even playing fulltime.

What next? Probably trying NL100 (as soon as I have 50K hands).
      Since the article is describing mainly preflop actions I'd also like to discuss some postflop spots. But first.. lets wait and see if there are more MSS SH players out there and hear about their experiences.

One of the burning questions - in what spots do we only flat a raise pre?
      Here the -too good to be true- stats.

• roopopper
      Also been working my way through this article, but was hanging on for the second article before switching to SH.

Very inspiring post orojanjivu, keep us posted!!! :f_thumbsup:
    • orojanjivu
      Thanks popper. One of the keys to the huge winrate lies within good table selection. Im constantly trying to make my tables better. On ongame there are lots of "invisible" seats on a 6max so one can even switch seats if acting very quick enabling him/herself to have position on fish most of the time.
      If a fish limps he will most likely call a raise to see the flop when sometimes a fish will fold the exact same hand to a raise (despite the fact of having position) because the raise amount is tougher to call if one has not limped already. ( :f_grin: logic)

I keep pondering about one spot i had today. I was down to 33BB when unknown raised BU. 7 hands 28/15. Picked up AQo in SB and 3bet 1.5->4$.
      He shoved and I called just to find out he had AKs. I did suck out on him but that does not matter. Vs. any reg that knows i might 3bet light using my small stack as a weapon. (they got no implied odds) AQo is a snapcall for me.
      Important thing to mention. He bought in for about 80BB.

So at one side i pretty much felt i was beat - but on the other - i find myself very stupid to 3bet fold AQ. Id much rather 3bet fold some weaker hand in my 3betting range. The article says to fold in that spot and to only call with QQ+, AK. However - the ongame network is one of the most aggressive networks when it comes to preflop action.

What do u guys think? Fold, or call?
    • Gerv
      99% of the time 3bet/folding AQ is a mistake when you resteal BTNvsSB for 33bb versus a regular who opens decently
    • keeskooskaas
      someone has this article in pdf.format???

• GlitlrPS
      Originally posted by Gerv
      99% of the time 3bet/folding AQ is a mistake when you resteal BTNvsSB for 33bb versus a regular who opens decently
      but what if he doesn't 4bet wide?
    • ricardojpmatos
      anybody knows when the second part of that article, refering to the postflop play, will be online?
    • markiza33
      [edited by gadget51] i havent silverstar status please :( ((

I edited your post as this is not allowed on the forums.
      I trust you understand.

• gadget51
      Hi markiza33,

You will find you can't access articles your status doesn't allow.

You may purchase silver status for a very small fee in our Points Shop here: