[NL2-NL10] AJbb

• w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $20.14 (201.4 bb)
      BTN: $3.20 (32 bb)
      MP3: $10 (100 bb)
      MP1: $10.76 (107.6 bb)
      UTG+2: $2.85 (28.5 bb)
      SB: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $10.80 (108 bb)
      CO: $21.59 (215.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.25 (102.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A J
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $2.40, Hero folds

Results: $2.00 pot
      SB mucked and won $2 ($1 net)

he was stealing from sb 56%

maybe he was restealing from me but the only move beside fold is shove... that i dont like it :) looks to expensive

my question here is if i can shove with AK JJ+ here... or just fold is better with these hands too?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w4terman,

Nope, without any information you can't shove. Stats, stats, stats, information is important for that.

Does it even make sense to 3bet there, do you think he is calling with worse? Or what's the purpose of the 3bet?

Best Regards.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      the purpose of the 3bet is that i am having the best hand here by far most of the times vs his stealing range from sb and i also have possition!
      ist this good enough to 3bet ?
    • KiroLiro
      KiroLiro
      Bronze
      I'd also like to note that the midstack strategy suggests Resteal/Fold with AJ. I know you're not playing midstack, so you would play slightly looser as big stack as you can play more speculative hands, but I wanted to point out that AJ is still only a 10% steal range, compared to the 50+ of the SB. I would think that if he doesn't defend his blinds more, he'd be bleeding money away needlessly, no?

I would think the 3bet resteal is perfectly ok, at least to put up some resistance and perhaps discourage future steals from sb in the future. But not a shove to the 4bet (unless you had some 4bet stats) as AJ is easily dominated.

That being said, could you perhaps explain how best to exploit an aggressive stealer? Pokerstrategy doesn't have an article on something like that =P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      the purpose of the 3bet is that i am having the best hand here by far most of the times vs his stealing range from sb and i also have possition! ist this good enough to 3bet ?

Well, that you have the best it's of course for sure vs such a range but the question is how the opponent is adjusting. What do you know about him? If he is playing like that always and is capable of 4betting loose then doesn't make sense to 3bet in first place but rather just flat and keep his range wide.

That being said, could you perhaps explain how best to exploit an aggressive stealer? Pokerstrategy doesn't have an article on something like that =P

Well, because there is no default line to take? :) You exploit him according his leaks/stats/dynamics. It's not something I could say you have to do this and this in exact this spot, if poker would be that easy then everyone would beat it. :) The article has to be pretty long for that and I doubt that I can really help you out with just one post. Therefore if you want to get better just post hands and we can discuss specific hand and situation.