[NL2-NL10] nl 10 2pair monotone flop

• asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is 18/11/Afq:53 bluff river 1/1, over 158 hands.
      I considered to re-raise the flop, but I thought that this would narrow Villain's range.
      I am not excited with the A on the turn, but I bet to charge draws/ planning to fold if get raised.

What about river. crying call.../ or cry for the way I played the hand?

SB: £9.96
      BB: £8.12
      UTG: £10.15
      CO: £10.00
      Hero (BTN): £10.00

SB posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (£0.15) Hero has T:spade: K:spade:

fold, CO raises to £0.30, Hero calls £0.30, fold, BB calls £0.20

Flop: (£0.95, 3 players) K:club: T:club: 7:club:
      BB bets £0.10, CO raises to £1.10, Hero calls £1.10, fold

Turn: (£3.25, 2 players) A:heart:
      CO checks, Hero bets £2.60, CO calls £2.60

River: (£8.45, 2 players) 3:heart:
      CO bets £3.30, Hero calls £3.30
  • 4 replies
    • WinningTrips
      WinningTrips
      Bronze
      How wide does your opponent opens on the CO? Do you have pop-up for openings by position?

You have too little reads on your opponent. But bet size on the river probably indicates top pair type of hand. I think your two pair must be good most of the time.

I also think Ace on the turn is not that bad for your hand as you may think.

I'd personally raised flop and probably had taken a free card on the turn... but it's me as I often raise monotone flops as a bluff and my opponents know that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asimos,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place vs the nit here while your any Kx/Tx hand is practically dominated. What's the further postflop plan? Or what's the purpose of the Call at all here? Just hoping to hit big time?

As played
      Flop: The problem is that what do you think he is raising on the flop into multiway pot? I would often expect him rather to have some kind of pair type of hand there and maybe even a strong made hand.
      Turn: Vs any kind of pair+FD with our 2pairs we are practically flipping anyways and therefore I don't even mind your Call on the flop. But rather the question is if the turn card is a very good card for us to Bet? He may still have AT/AK hands in his range there and with it completes the range. Therefore I might even take pot control on the turn and Check behind and reevaluate it on the river. Doubt that you are really protecting here much and neither the value ain't big cause mostly worse fold.

As played
      River: Well, what do you expect to see here? :P The only hope is that he is overplaying A:cXx hand here. :) But which of course I doubt so.

Best Regards.
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello asimos,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place vs the nit here while your any Kx/Tx hand is practically dominated. What's the further postflop plan? Or what's the purpose of the Call at all here? Just hoping to hit big time?

As played
      Flop: The problem is that what do you think he is raising on the flop into multiway pot? I would often expect him rather to have some kind of pair type of hand there and maybe even a strong made hand.
      Turn: But rather the question is if the turn card is a very good card for us to Bet? He may still have AT/AK hands in his range there and with it completes the range.

As played
      River: Well, what do you expect to see here? :P The only hope is that he is overplaying A:cXx hand here. :) But which of course I doubt so.

Best Regards.
      His late position open is 31%, while his early position 9%, so his range is wider than his pfr indicates. My bad to not mention it.

On the turn he checks. With what hands would he raise the flop min bet and check the turn? With sets/flushes/top 2pairs? In the game i thought that most of the time he would do so with pair+draw type of hands. eg. QcT/JcT//JJc/QQc/9cT/AcX/8c7 etc.

How many combinations of AK/AT are there (12)? Wouldn't he bet, let's say 1/3 of the times if he hit on the turn?

The reason behind my bet is the unhappiness which will come from too many river cards/ any c, 9,8,J,Q,A. How easy will be for hero to re-evaluate??

Isn't the Villain expected to raise the turn with his top part of his range, after hero's bet?

However, when a blank comes on the river... should fold expecting Villain to hold at least AK/AT...having the read that Villain already bluffed once? What about his bet size?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The reason behind my bet is the unhappiness which will come from too many river cards/ any c, 9,8,J,Q,A. How easy will be for hero to re-evaluate??

What's the plan behind betting the turn, do you Bet it for protection & free showdown or do you also plan to ship any blank river?

Isn't the Villain expected to raise the turn with his top part of his range, after hero's bet?

Well, he could still have even flushes here which he just doesn't need to raise. :) He could easily just ship the river as he did.

However, when a blank comes on the river... should fold expecting Villain to hold at least AK/AT...having the read that Villain already bluffed once? What about his bet size?

Well, he can't really bluff much there on the river, where he must also see that practically we are committed and we will rarely fold any made hand.