This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH - ATs

• rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG doumbledore ($53.73)
      UTG+1 Justmenace ($53.27)
      CO DealTheReal ($44.75)
      BTN thebookie810 ($61.08)
      SB mrmaro ($31.62)
      BB mafimen_ ($68.88)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Justmenace is UTG+1 A:heart: 10:heart:
      1 fold, Justmenace raises to $2, 1 fold, thebookie810 raises to $4, 2 folds, Justmenace calls $2

Flop: 6:diamond: 5:heart: 10:diamond: ($8.75, 2 players)
      Justmenace checks, thebookie810 bets $6.50, Justmenace calls $6.50

Turn: 3:heart: ($21.75, 2 players)
      Justmenace checks, thebookie810 bets $11, Justmenace goes all-in $42.77, thebookie810 calls $31.77

River: 9:diamond: ($107.29, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Villain: 53/44 3bet: 23.1 after 100 hands (very aggro)

Not sure if I was right to ship it for equity + fold equity on the turn, though I doubt this player would fold anything better than what I have, but at least it should increase my EV against his draws.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rdmnick,

Well, if you are going to Check/Raise the turn then it's not for fold equity but rather for value. I doubt that he is ever going to fold any better hands here as JJ+. :)

Best Regards.
    • rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      I agree, so the question remains, am I right to check/raise it here?

Against TT+ range I've got 30% equity if I ship it on the turn. Considering his extremely high 3bet and small size I'd say he's got a few more hands in his range, but I am not sure.

I forgot to remove the fact that he called my shove (he called with TJo giving himself 9% equity against me) happy as I was to get the call, I am not sure if that's a hand I can really count on being in his range very often here, it's just... insanely bad imo, though he his a bad player.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I like it ... You represent exactly what you have - a draw. However, you got TPTK...

Therefore, I think he will call you with some weaker Tx much often and sometimes naked FD or FD + gutshot, against which you're ahead ...

Cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I agree, so the question remains, am I right to check/raise it here?

Check/Raise is pretty standard there I would say, especially vs his given range. Only thing what would be more useful here is his 2nd barreling range. If it also includes even draws then snip-snap-raise. Don't forget that he is doing it with polarized range, so it means he also has worse Tx hands in his range.