This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A6o

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.43
      BTN: $9.06
      SB: $6.61
      Hero (BB): $5.27
      UTG: $3.27

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has 6:heart: A:spade:

fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.18, 3 players) 6:spade: 6:club: T:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.28, CO calls $0.23, fold

Turn: ($0.79, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.00, Hero...?

this guy is fish, but i don't know exactly which kind of fish.
      anyway pretty sure this is the time for the decision - fold it or ship it?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Flop: Bet the flop and so son. Don't really like the Check/Raise cause you can't be sure how many hands even continue there. :) You just forcing weaker out of the pot.

As played
      Turn: Well, do you expect him to have worse 6x hands in his range? If you think he also has something like 65/67 or whatsoever also in his range then we could argue about getting it in. But neither wouldn't be that wrong if you even Call the min-raise and reevaluate it on the river. I rarely doubt that the guy would really raise something like T9 here. :P It's rather towards straight or also 6x.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      problem with calling is that we're oop...
      think we mostly just want to hit 4 (?) outs, also we don't really want to see 4-straight. or are we playing some kind of way ahead/way behind there?
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      I personally put him on a weaker 6 or even a T here, or complete air that you have checked..

why c/r flop? Your get him of Ax Kx AK, PP, overpairs on this hand which you dont want.. c/c imo

turn - check/call again - Do you really think hed be playing a FD like this?

Ship the river no matter what card come down if you are calling the turn though, otherwise may as well fold the turn..

i'd ship the turn with a c/r, get him of a FD, he may even call a FD where your laughing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      problem with calling is that we're oop...
      think we mostly just want to hit 4 (?) outs, also we don't really want to see 4-straight. or are we playing some kind of way ahead/way behind there?
      Well, as I said my expectations that I don't really see him doing that kind of play without having at least a 6x. :) We could be already against straight. Therefore rather Bet/Fold it or just get it in.

It's anyways just a freeplay pot and 78 is possible and maybe even TT/99.

For example, we need ~43% equity to make it profitable:

Board: 6:spade: 6:club: T:heart:  9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    60.90%  57.22%   3.68% { TT-99, A6s, K6s, Q6s, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 87o, 76o, 65o }
      UTG+1  39.10%  35.43%   3.68% { As6h }

So therefore, not really the greatest spot to even get it in. Or do you expect him to have a lot more worse hands?