Losing players journey to going Pro!

• Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I have decided to start a blog to keep me sane on my poker journey and to share my ups and downs with you all as I have recently decided to play for a living I feel it's the best way to get feedback and support to keep me going. Anyway I am 28 years old I have been playing poker for about 7 years mostly tournaments and have had quite a bit of success live and online but as I like to travel I never kept at it and was only playing on and off. About a year ago I started back playing on Party and had a winrate of 4bb/100 over nearly 50k hands at 50nl but went on a bad run for a while and decided to take out my bankroll and bonuses and started to study more. I have read dozens of books, joined training websites and started back playing about 2 months ago and have already played 100k hands but with little success(I will post my graph below) I know I have a lot of leaks in my game but I will be working non-stop on my game, I know I can turn this around as I have won at these stakes before and I'm not a complete fish :D As of now I have $4k to my name and I am going pro crazy I know but I am determined to make this work. I live in Central America and have cut my living expenses down to $250 a month including rent, I plan on to keep grinding at 20nl although I haven't had much success to date and to play ~2.5k hands per day. On top of this I will be posting hands here on my blog and studying videos through the pokerstrategy.com which I have to say is by far the best training website I have come across and has given me the confidence I need to do this. Any tips and criticism will be very welcome I need to learn. I will also be looking coaching so if there is anybody that knows any good coaches at these levels let me know please and would love to hear from any other players at this level basically any tips that can help me on my journey. Well that is all for today will be posting regularly so looking forward to chatting with you all in the forums.

Rogbey

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If this link doesn't work let me know I'll try a different way.
  • 9 replies
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      Good intro, wow if your living expenses are 250$ you're already pro :D also I have seen quite a bit of great coaches that can teach your level and can definitely take your game to the next level. Read up on their reviews and see which is best for you.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I like your attitude. When I was grinding nl25 I already considered myself a pro there was only one path haven't looked back since.
    • Antonioull
      Antonioull
      Bronze
      Good luck )

Can u tell us more where u live ? prices etc ?
      Internet conection ?

Nice 1
    • grindtolive
      grindtolive
      Global
      250$ as a pro?lol you dont go out?i have at least 500 euros and make a living playing stts
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      It's bold what you are doing, but if you stay humble and smart you just might make it. :f_grin:

Good luck mate!
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Nice blog, I will fallow. :f_cool:
    • Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Cheers for the support folks. I am currently living in Guatemala City it is not the most luxurious place to live but is good for now. The reason I can live so cheaply is because my girlfriends parents have given us a nice little place to live so I only really have to pay food and $20 monthly for internet which is very reliable haven't had any problems so far, all the bills are covered also so I am in a good position without having to worry about bills and that. Will be looking for our own place it the future and a nice 3 bedroom house is about $200 monthly. Anyway on the poker side of things had a pretty good day I will post the graph below, played 2.3k hands my daily goal is 2.5k so will have to make up for that tomorrow. Also got in touch with Veriz and will be getting a bit of coaching will keep you all posted on that and will get a few hands up as soon as I figure out how, really looking forward to working hard on my game and plugging leaks starting to feel real good about things now. Good luck for now folks. Rogbey

Aerox, I took a look at your own blog will be following keep zooming :D

• luckygan2002
      luckygan2002
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Very nice introducton and u seem to be doing not bad, Will follow your blog ;)
    • Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Ok so here's the graph so far this week, bit of all over the place but keeping to my 2.5k hands a day goal. I have put up a few of the big hands let me know what yous think. Also anyone else gone for the FDB on William Hill? I want to check a few details

Any thoughts on this hand would be great. Villain is 30/8 over 110 hands so seems a bit of a station, have seen him try pull off a semi bluff OESD on the turn earlier. I figure we need ~30% to call so if I give him all the set combos, TT, T7,QT, all 2 pair combos, pair + OESD combos, maybe a few AJ, KJ, QQ, KK which gives us 60% equity so an easy call or I am being a bit generous with the range?

http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1723116

Poker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1723116
      The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $20.00
      BB: $31.90
      UTG: $22.26
      CO: $25.30
      BTN: $17.34

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is SB with Ah As
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, 1 fold, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) Jh 9h 8c (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BTN calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.20) 4d (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.20, BTN raises to $14.34, Hero calls $11.14

River: ($34.88) 6c (2 players)

Ok, in this hand villain is 23/20 over 1.5k hands, Aggression 3.3, Aggr Freq 45%. I'm pretty sure this should of been a fold but came just after the AA hand above and a couple other big hands that I lost and felt I was tilting a bit he had just barreled 3 streets with air after raising.

IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1723122
      The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $19.90
      CO: $20.00
      BTN: $25.74
      Hero (SB): $22.68
      BB: $25.41
      UTG: $15.40

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is SB with Jc Jd
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.70, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.60, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.30) 3d 3c 6h (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP calls $1.60, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $3.40, MP folds

Turn: ($13.90) 7c (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $20.00, Hero calls $16.98 all in

River: ($47.86) Tc (2 players - 1 is all in)

I have a few more interesting ones I'll post tomorrow. Good luck all.

Rogbey