This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 set on worst possible flop

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1719305
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $48.57
      CO: $50.25
      BTN: $55.48
      Hero (SB): $74.44
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $14.54

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8:diamond: 8:club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.00) 8:heart: 7:heart: 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, MP raises to $15.28, BTN folds, Hero raises to $72.94 all in, MP calls $31.79 all in

No info about the villain, whatsoever. can i expect an unknown to have enough semibluff hands in his range for shove to be profitable? calling should obv be out of the question bc of the sizing. also - avg villain would flat TOP2 here? im guessing most of them would raise it.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello urmo1,

As long he may have even 2pairs as 97/77/pair+FD I doubt that I am planning to get away here. Most likely I would bet the flop bigger ~$4 and then also go broke. He doesn't seem to be a very good player either with his not full stack.

Best Regards.
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      okay.
      but for the sake of argument - lets say the villain was kind of nitty over 1k hands (raise cbet 9%) and like std 19/17 stats for example. do we plan to get away then?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by urmo1
      okay.
      but for the sake of argument - lets say the villain was kind of nitty over 1k hands (raise cbet 9%) and like std 19/17 stats for example. do we plan to get away then?
      Yep, then would it be a bit different case. Cause then we can't really beat much. Cause I wouldn't really expect him to have something like TP+FD or whatsoever. He mainly will have something like SCs/PPs/suited broadways/AXs hands. Vs that kind of range our equity should be pretty bad and therefore I might even plan to Bet/Fold it and cry about it. :D

But I guess then he wouldn't have such a stack either which practically indicates to bad player. Also what would be then important is the stats of WTSD/W$SD. For example if very high W$SD then even more towards folding. Cause what we beat? Just 77. Not sure if he even raises T9, maybe at the best just T:h9x.