RobertDaPro

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I am 26Y guy from Estonia (currently living in Ireland) I play poker just little more than 1 year now.

Started off with MTT-s but lately concetrating on cash game. Have alot to learn and i am sure that this course will provide me some extra knowledge.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck RobertDaPro,

Hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can now start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Thanks for welcome.. i am sure that this course will be useful for me :)
      Lets get started...

Lesson 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

:spade: First i think it would be good hobby what will always improve strategycal thinking and keep brain fresh, because always something new to learn.

:spade: The fact that poker can turn into nice source of extra income or be subtitute to my regular job all togheter ( would be dream as i can travel anywhere to live "work in a PC")
      :spade: Meet new people with same intrest, playing live games what should be great fun etc..

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

:spade: Main problem is defo. TILT, must work on that and make clear rules to myself to close tables when running bad / playing bad

:spade: Playing and learning ratio is way off balance! I love playing it, but must increase amount of time spent of learning. For starters this course will do me good :) So already working on something!

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Playing selected starting hands and playing them agressive, using position and picking right spots for bluffin. As we put pressure on our opponents they make mistakes and thats what poker is about. We profit from our opponent mistakes and vice versa.It works because it has been proved by pokerstrategy.com? :f_biggrin: As i say before everytime when we enter into hand we have some equity and can put pressure on our opponents i suppose :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Studying a very important role in poker, especially if you are playing rather lower stakes. How else you can improve your game if you don't even take a look at your leaks. You just continue doing them over and over again. Therefore you have to set-up some kind of ratio like 50/50 or even 60/40 for studying as some are doing in the beginning.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Lesson 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I think that chart is pretty good, but impossible to play it against all different type of players so we must adjust in different ways against fish, NITs, maniacs etc.. against some players JJ is clear 3b for value for some who have 98% fold to 3b over big sample we can 3b much wider etc.. but overall i think that chart is nice guideline.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

KK pre-flop fold possible?
      AKs on BU thinking until timed out!
      JJ multiway pot

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 46.32% 37.92% 8.41% { AKo }
      MP3 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Yeah, agree with you. Also it's a great way to start with poker and get the understanding of preflop/postflop play and why you doing specific things and why not. Why not playing with looser range which of course put you into tougher spots.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.