[NL20-NL50] NL25 straight after double float IP

• jowy88
      Hi, I have troubles with this Hand :

Vilain is 33/22 WTS : 31 I didn't had the Donkbet stat when I played this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.16)
      BB ($12.77)
      Hero ($56.81)
      UTG+1 ($35.05)
      CO ($14.03)
      BTN ($27.61)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.75, fold

FLOP ($1.95) T:spade: 3:club: 2:heart:

SB bets $0.91, Hero calls $0.91

TURN ($3.77) T:spade: 3:club: 2:heart: 9:spade:

SB bets $2.64, Hero calls $2.64

RIVER ($9.05) T:spade: 3:club: 2:heart: 9:spade: 8:spade:

SB bets $6.34, Hero raises to $51.50

On the river I think that he can call with overpair or DP+, moreover I think he will have a flush maybe 10% of the time and a hand that I crush something like 30% of the time . Maybe he will fold a lot of hands and only call with a flush.

I dont know if this is an easy value shove or a cold call? I don"t know if I'm isolating against better hands or not.

Thx for help, sry if I made mistackes (english insn"t my mother tong)
  • 3 replies
    • Rastlin1
      I like how its played, I wouldn't be putting him on a flush rather a hand like Tx or maybe JJ. Whats his aggression like?

Shoving will i think get you more calls from people who think you are bluffing
    • veriz
      Hello jowy88,

Don't float the flop! Rather raise the flop or just fold the hand. Floating is going to be the worst option while you will never even know how good your implied odds are on the turn. Don't really like your Call there like that. :f_cry:

But about the river play not much to comment, there are a lot of hands in his range which are capable of paying as and not that many FD type of hands. That's the factor which you have to be ready to take when you calling such hands on the turn where you couldn't be sure what what kind outs are clean for you.

Also don't worry about your English, good way to practice it. :)

Best Regards.
    • jowy88
      Ty for the analyse. So my mistackes are flop and turn.

He had K:sQ, next time I think that I will reraise on the flop because I have 2 backdoor draws and 2 overcards, and his donkbet doesn"t represent a strong hand on the flop.

So I think it's a good spot to reraise as a semi bluff.

@Rastlin1 : AF was 2.8, I think that peoples knows I'll not bluff the river often on this spot.

I'm face up with something like 22, 33, TT, 5:s4 and 10 or 15% of a random float... but I will only shove QJ if I was floating.

I was hoping he was so bad to call with an sloplayed overpair or 2 pairs+