[NL2-NL10] nl 10 fr AK check raise

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I felt sure he was going to make a c bet with hands that missed and that by betting it myself he would not put any chips in

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position
      CO
      MP1

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, CO raises to $1.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) A:heart: , 7:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.90, Hero raises to $5.40, CO raises to $10.73 (All-In), Hero raises to $8.95 (All-In).

Turn: ($22.23) 7:club:
      River: ($22.23) 8:heart:

Final Pot: $22.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Ks, As ] two pairs, Aces and Sevens
      Hero shows [ Kc, Ad ] two pairs, Aces and Sevens
      CO wins $1.78 USD with two pairs, Aces and Sevens.
      Hero wins $9.73 USD with two pairs, Aces and Sevens.
      CO wins $9.72 USD with two pairs, Aces and Sevens.
  • 2 replies
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I think I would've rather played c/c all streets since he's likely to cbet here with every hand he 3bet you with, but he most likely won't call your raise without an A or set of Aces here. So I think playing c/c maximizes value against other hands without an Ace. And yeah as you said it yourself, if you donkbet it here he's quite likely to fold if he doesn't have an Ace, or perhaps he will think you on a bluff, but I don't think you can count on that here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I like c/c: with AK, he'll never fold, with AQ,JJ+KK we don't want to scare him off