1/2 Live Advice

• macydus2
      macydus2
      Bronze
      OK I'm back after a series of RL issues which included the need to actually study for my exams I am back within the community and I need some advice. Basicly I am a good NL tourny player and a resonable Limit cash player but have little to no NL experience hence me being back here (mainly the fact im about to start playing again as i have the time). Alas in my time away I lost my ranks (gold) and can only read bronze which really isnt all the helpful and rather limiting in fact. Shame I only saved the limit silver/gold articles on my PC 'eh (hope im not in trouble for that).

Anyway im babling so here is the problem at my local club where I play some live tournies (3rd place last time £300 prize ($600ish dollars)) they run a cash table. The cash tables blinds are 1/2 and the min buy-in is 50 now I can only afford to buy-in for about 80-100 and some people buy-in as much as 500 (no max buy-in). It is a mixture of good and bad players all with lots of hard cash. It is a great game with great potential earning that much I have established but here are my questions:

1.) What sort of buy-in should I be using in this enviroment?

2.) What sort of bankroll should I really be looking at for this?

3.) What articles(bronze)/books(harringtons new one?) do you believe will help me with this?

4.) Any other usefel advice for me?

Thanks in advance and its great to be a part of this great community once more
  • 3 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      IMO buy-in for about 2/3 of how deep you're comfortable playing. this should be at least 100BB.

as for BRM i'd use something like 2000big blinds at 4000$.

harrington's books are all very very good, as are the articles on this site, and the forum posts. but yeah... no BSS advice in bronze NL sadly.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Maybe if you don't have the cash and the players aren't that good and they don't mind... you could short stack? At least until you get some more money...

Don't kill me, it's just a suggestion :P :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Macydus2

Originally posted by macydus2

1.) What sort of buy-in should I be using in this enviroment?
      I would buy in with 100BB. If everybody is deep and you feel confortable with deepstackplay, buy in with more.

2.) What sort of bankroll should I really be looking at for this?
      The more you have, the easier it is to play the limit. :D

3.) What articles(bronze)/books(harringtons new one?) do you believe will help me with this?
      Read all our articles about NL Cashgames, they are all helpful. And to read a bookcan´t be wrong.

4.) Any other usefel advice for me?
      Try to read your opponents. How do they bet with what kind of hands? How do they react to raises. Can you get some time tells......and so on.
      Good luck.

Best regards,
      TribunCesar