bluffing at micros

• lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      Are their any successfull micro players who believe bluffing is a big pot of the winrate or is it best to just play strong hands.

I have a good ability to put people on tight ranges but when i see a bluff opp i get called too often for it to be profitable.

Is it just micros or is it me?

bloody love a good bluff. nothing gets ya arse twitching more

xxx
  • 15 replies
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      Only works for blindsteal.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Micros is a nightmare for bluffing!

You'll get called be pair 3s Ten Kicker too often. Just wait for a good hand and the same player will still call you with trash.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi lulupops

You shouldn't bluff on the micro's. People just can't find the fold button and you will often loose to a very low pair.

But sometimes it's hard not to bluff. I often find myself bluffing to much.

Although on some opp I do have a read and I know when I can bluff. So I wouldn't say never ever bluff, but pick your spots very carefully!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hi lulupops

You shouldn't bluff on the micro's. People just can't find the fold button and you will often loose to a very low pair.

But sometimes it's hard not to bluff. I often find myself bluffing to much.

Although on some opp I do have a read and I know when I can bluff. So I wouldn't say never ever bluff, but pick your spots very carefully!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
      obv donmt try to bluff 90/80 guy whos wts is 100%

pick ur bluffs carefully and u can bluff at any limit
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Yes , You should definelty bluff at the Micros, Anyone saying you shouldnt Is WRONG. You cant just wait for a good hand anymore The micros arent full of calling stations, Bluff but only at certain times obviously double paired boards are better that a 10,J,Q board. Obviously im talking nl10+ dont do it at nl2.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      bluffing will only be successful if:

1) you have some value in your hand, so that you beat a reasonable part of their range.

You make money from a combination of two things:

- winning the pot when they fold
      - winning often enough when they call to not make a loss overall.

You are only gonna be doing this with lots of reasons to do so.

If you aren't 100% certain its the best play you can ever make, you are probably better off just avoiding bluffing until you have studied it and how it works.
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      never, never, never, but still u will be tend to do it sometimes...
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      C-betting constitutes a big part of my winrate :)
    • luckygan2002
      luckygan2002
      Bronze
      I plan NL6 in 888poker, bluff sometimes. Of course come one, u can't play poker without bluffing you gotta do it sometime, but choose that time properly ;) Cheers
    • Meda1985
      Meda1985
      Bronze
      DON'T! :)
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Cbet can be classed as a bluff but it's more an information gatherer!

I you get flat called off a Cbet you need stats on the villian to be able to Cbet turn!
      If you know he will call it down with any pair any kicker then a CBet on turn has no value (unless you have hit).

If you know he will strt/flushdraw with T9etc and you have AK then a cbet has to be done otherwise you give him too much value.

Without info on the player I don't think you can get enough call stations to fold.

I can remember when I first started playing.
      My logic was "I've already put money into this pot and I want it back! You are just betting to scare me off!"

It took me a while to understand why a villian holding AK on a 3Q8 7 Q board was calling me a Donkey when I called his Bets when holding T3off!

If you flip this and say Villian is holding AQ then I'm paying him off with T3!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I don't consider a cbet a bluff.

The easiest players to bluff are those such as limp/call fold to cbet types or the really tight passive fit/fold ones who won't put a chip in postflop without the hand. If any of these types play back at you or call your bets you need to take a careful look at their range of hands and most times give up TPTK, especially to the dreaded minraise! :f_biggrin:

Not a lot of info I know, have a look here, join the sessions and ask the expert coach! Not much you can ask he won't have the snswer for, he's excellent.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/166394/

Best regards,

Mal.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      nice discussion here. we have a few people who are for it , and a few that are against it. I am definately for it. Just try it out in a few different spots, c bets, double and triple barrel bluffs (trust me there are spots even at NL5), times where you have enough stats on your opp. to exploit their bad stats. Cbetting begins even at the nl2, and you will often find quickly (if you are self aware) what cbets work and which ones rarely work. If you have really loose opponents, dont ever pure bluff, and if you have real nitty opponents, then party time comes when you are in the CO or BU. steal near every CO and BU if you have nits sitting to your left...and if they raise you, note this, and gracefully slip out of the hand. Blind stealing will increase your winrate pretty nicely if you stay on it and dont say to yourself (i dont care its only 3c anyways). I believe the micros are limits where getting into good habits is key, and if you dont adjust to your table/limit quickly, you will have a bad winrate. So definately try a few new things, where if you fail, its only costing you minimal amounts of $, and explore new areas of your poker brain you never thought to explore before. This should be a good start at getting you to the nosebleeds :)

magic
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I don't consider a cbet a bluff.

If you don't want them to call, then I would say its a bluff :)

If it isn't for value, then it must be a semi bluff at least.
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze

If you don't want them to call, then I would say its a bluff :)

I like this well said!