[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH ATo

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Villain: 61/9/2.1 193 hands

He has a fold to Cbet of 63%(19). So was it better to check fold it or bet smaller? Or even call his raise. Just not sure about this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.14)
      BB ($10.87)
      UTG ($12.47)
      Hero ($10.65)
      CO ($11.85)
      BTN ($10.97)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, BTN calls $0.50, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.25) 3:spade: A:club: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.93, BTN calls $0.93

TURN ($3.11) 3:spade: A:club: 9:heart: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $2.33, BTN raises to $9.54 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $7.39

Thanks!
      RasTweet
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you look even at just those 3 stats you can see he is very loose and very passive preflop. Although it's not a rule, in general, he will also be passive postflop.

On the flop he calls any Ax, gutshot and middlepair. This means you are way ahead after you value bet flop. Turn doesn't change a big deal so you should indeed bet again for value.

I think your sizing is OK and folding to his raise is rather straight forward since we have described him as a loose and passive opponent. Loose means he can have quite a few 2pair or better and passive means he won't raise you as a bluff often IF EVER!

What's interesting about the hand is how do you play blank rivers if you get called imo. Is this a hand worth 3 streets of value against such an opponent? You will also have less than potsize on the river so you could easily shove. Then again, maybe it's better to bet small for value since your hand is not clean cut value even against a passive player's range. In 193 hands you should have an idea about his showdowns so that can help you decide.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RasTweet,

If we had anything like AQ and even AJ I wouldn't be worried about the Bet size. But anything below I might even pick up my Bet sizing on the flop & turn. I would rather go for smaller bets on both streets just cause there ain't that many worse hands in his range while not many draws possible.

I'd bet the flop ~$0,70 and as played the turn $2.

Best Regards.