This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ with overpair on flop

• KiroLiro
      KiroLiro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.65
      UTG1:
      $11.81
      UTG2:
      $16.50
      MP1 (Hero):
      $3.39
      MP2:
      $5.44
      MP3:
      $13.19
      CO:
      $3.85
      BU:
      $3.00
      SB:
      $12.22

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40, UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($1.25) 6, Q, Q (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG1 raises to $1.10, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.95.

Preflop was kind of standard. Flop was very weird. Normally a Q would be a dreaded sight, but two queens does mean it's less likely villan has a Q. He donk bets, and I raise (I probably should have raised higher). He reraises me and I tank. On one hand, villans range can be anything, given his preflop play but I do believe he might be playing some random Qx. On the other hand, perhaps he saw my raise as weakness and decided to exploit? . However, if I call this, I'd be pot committed. I folded in this particular situation, which I think is the right situation. I did already bet half my stack already, so I hope it wasn't mathematically correct to call anyways.
  • 4 replies